4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Gadget

Mr Gadget
  • Casita Club Member
  • 85 posts
  • Local time: 05:07 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 Spirit DL 17

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have a chance to purchase a 2002 or 2003 (he wasn't sure yet) I'll see the paper work tomorrow. My question is it has Buttons on the outside and has "GOOP" around them. He said he had them done once. What precautions should I look for? ALSO he had a lot of grease around the wheels and said his wheel buddy's cap came off. He was fixing that.
The price is right so I am eager to go pick it up but I also want to know what I am getting into. Luv the Casita so I hope all will be well. Also he did NOT have a FAN in the ceiling. WIll there be 12v there to install a power fan in the vent in the middle of the casita, if it did not come with one. Thank you for your help.
Mr Gadget

Living on Island Time

#2 Colorado Kathi

Colorado Kathi
  • Casita Club Member
  • 188 posts
  • Local time: 03:07 AM

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

You should be able to add a fan. I added one to a 95 with no problem.
Colorado Kathi
2003 17' SD
1996 Chevy Silverado

#3 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 346 posts
  • Local time: 04:07 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

I have a chance to purchase a 2002 or 2003 (he wasn't sure yet) I'll see the paper work tomorrow. My question is it has Buttons on the outside and has "GOOP" around them. He said he had them done once. What precautions should I look for? ALSO he had a lot of grease around the wheels and said his wheel buddy's cap came off. He was fixing that.
The price is right so I am eager to go pick it up but I also want to know what I am getting into. Luv the Casita so I hope all will be well. Also he did NOT have a FAN in the ceiling. WIll there be 12v there to install a power fan in the vent in the middle of the casita, if it did not come with one. Thank you for your help.

We have an older Casita and I had also wondered if a fan could be added without too much trouble? I don't suppose 12V power is there already so it would have to be run to the fan.
I guess Casita could answer these questions for us. I would like to know the price of adding an exhaust fan to the bath area also. When we purchased out casita in 95, I told the salesman that
a fan would be a great feature in the bath area. He said it would look ugly sticking up on the front of the trailer. ??? Well, they did it anyway...
Does anyone know the price to purchase the fan for the bathroom. Of course I would have to install it myself...
Ron and Linda

#4 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 346 posts
  • Local time: 04:07 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

You should be able to add a fan. I added one to a 95 with no problem.

Our trailer was purchased in 95 as a 96 model. Do you remember where you got the fan and the approximate cost involved? I would like to add one to my trailer also.
How did you run the 12V to the unit?
Thanks
Ron and Linda

#5 partslady9

partslady9
  • Casita Club Member
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 02:07 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I just had a fan put in this last Saturday, my electrician picked up the 12v power in the rear cabinet overhead and was able to snake it thru the rat fur. I purchased a Fantastic Fan from Amazon. He suggewsted I not bother with "reverse" per his motorhome experience. Seems fine I used it today while cleaning.
I have 2001 standard that had been stripped. (no converter - just wires)
I also had him add 12v recp. at the range cab't end and at the side dinette overhead. We changed the 110v at range side to a GFI and put an exterior recp in the icebox area on same protected circuit.
I feel soo stupid - I just found that we have a Spirit only Forum - never went to bottom of site. Dah
Hope this helps. Elaine