3 replies to this topic

#1 D and B in New Mexico

D and B in New Mexico
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Delux 17'

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi Fellow Casitains... ??? Well.. You know.
I am looking for a good cover for our 17' Casita.. That doesn't break the bank. Anyone have a good place to look?
Thanks in advance.
D and B in New Mexico :D

#2 schatzie

schatzie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 170 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

We opted for the Calmark cover for the winters here in Wisconsin. We have used it for 3 years and it still looks like new. I would buy it again, without hesitation. I bought it direct from the company and they will custom make it for your particular needs. We informed the owner that we had roof air, Maxx-Air vent cover, and awning. Cover fits like a glove and does not mark up the Casita even with heavy snow and high winds. It also has a zippered door for easy access when the cover is on.
Bob & Ginny Schattschneider
South Milwaukee, WI.
2009 Casita 17' SD
2004 Ford F-150 FX4

#3 D and B in New Mexico

D and B in New Mexico
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Delux 17'

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

We opted for the Calmark cover for the winters here in Wisconsin. We have used it for 3 years and it still looks like new. I would buy it again, without hesitation. I bought it direct from the company and they will custom make it for your particular needs. We informed the owner that we had roof air, Maxx-Air vent cover, and awning. Cover fits like a glove and does not mark up the Casita even with heavy snow and high winds. It also has a zippered door for easy access when the cover is on.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will contact Calmark on Monday.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day and a good weekend.
D

#4 LJB

LJB
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi Fellow Casitains... ??? Well.. You know.
I am looking for a good cover for our 17' Casita.. That doesn't break the bank. Anyone have a good place to look?
Thanks in advance.
D and B in New Mexico :D

I also have a CalMark cover. The Sunbrella material holds up well; however, I had a problem with it wearing out prematurely and they rebuilt the cover at no charge. I have used Sunbrella as a boat cover for over twenty years and it's still good. We used Goop to glue the seams when the stitching gave out. The goop holds better than thread. CalMark supplies a repair kit with each cover that includes a tube of Goop. You can reach CalMark at (805) 486-3863.

Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Trlr Cover-2.jpg

• Happy Days likes this
Larry & Sandy
Idyllwild, California

2005 17 ft. Spirit Deluxe
Hi-Lift Axle
14" Wheels with Maxxis ST Tires