• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pemsit

pemsit
  • Casita Club Member
  • 252 posts
  • Local time: 12:56 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Travel, photography, hiking.
    Planning to see all the National Parks in the lower 48, I have visited 40 so far

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Heading to Congaree NP, on to The Great Smoky Mountain NP, Shenandoah NP then cross county to Mammoth Cave NP and finish up on the Natchez trace. Hope to see some of you on the road...Pemsit AKA Lou

#2 f_stop

f_stop
  • Casita Club Member
  • 431 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:16' spirit deluxe

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

pemsit,

you mentioned congaree national park and unless they've added it very recently, you'll not find camping available there. there is, however, a great state park nearby. sesqui state park (http://www.southcaro...troduction.aspx) is in an utban setting but, you'd never know it while you're there. very convenient to the freeways that will get you to the congaree np. i live about 10 minutes from sesqui so if you need anything let me know (pm me for a phone #)

p@
"peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from the gods"
kurt vonnegut, the sirens of titan

#3 Grandjan

Grandjan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Birding,fishing,cards
  • Casita Club Directory #:7418

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

be sure and leave extra time for the Natchez Trace as it is so beautiful and so full of history.Last month the dogwoods were in full bloom and breathtaking .Hope you have a great time.
Grandjan
Grandjan
2009 GMC Yukon SLT
2007 17' SD
Sweeta Casita

#4 Lane

Lane

Lane and the Poodle Girl

• Casita Club Member
  • 1,065 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Spirit Deluxe, 17
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Wine, California, Foreign Language - Russian & German
  • Casita Club Directory #:2430

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

'Trace

Camping actually ON the 'Trace is limited. There are full hook-ups not far away.

Should be beautiful this time of year. Speed is limited, so be sure not to figure on a zooming trip.

Lane and Phoebe, the Poodle Girl who really enjoyed the uncrowded environment in January of 2011
Ray Lane Aldrich
Lane's Bait Shop at
web.me.com/lanealdrich/Lanes_Bait_Shop
Retired & Loving it
Back in NoVA after the West Coast
2007 17'SD & Navigator

#5 pemsit

pemsit
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 252 posts
    Planning to see all the National Parks in the lower 48, I have visited 40 so far

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

pemsit,

you mentioned congaree national park and unless they've added it very recently, you'll not find camping available there. there is, however, a great state park nearby. sesqui state park (http://www.southcaro...troduction.aspx) is in an utban setting but, you'd never know it while you're there. very convenient to the freeways that will get you to the congaree np. i live about 10 minutes from sesqui so if you need anything let me know (pm me for a phone #)

p@

Thanks for the information on the park, more than likely be there for a couple of days..Lou

#6 pemsit

pemsit
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Departed home at 1010 this morning, detour in Brewton about 5 minutes, road construction on I-65 45 minutes to go 5 miles. set up here at West Point COE tonight, hardly anyone here but tomorrow is the last day of school in GA so stand by for kids.

#7 pemsit

pemsit
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Well I am back from my trip, had to cut a week from it due to knee problem. I did see Congaree, camped in Smokemont Blueridge and Skyline drive.
I love my Casida, first time I have ever been able to take a hot shower when camping with no utilities available. The more I use my little house the better I like it.
This Summer will be limited to close by trips and in the Fall a nice long trip, just not sure where yet.
Kids were out of school in TN and the Campgrounds were packed.