21 replies to this topic

#1 98blazer

98blazer
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 05:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:freedom deluxe 17ft

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

Does anyone have pictures of the couch/bunk option for the 17 spirit deluxe I can't find any info for this option

#2 Sue and Sandy

Sue and Sandy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,650 posts
  • Local time: 03:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2001 16ft. Freedom Deluxe

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Here is a picture of a Scamp w/no bath. They are probably similar.
http://www.scamptrai...s/16Photos.aspx

Susan

post-176-0-17307400-1358704984.jpg

post-176-0-54687300-1405271931_thumb.jpg

2001 16' FD "The Alpine Egg-Spress" #1155
2013 Ford F150 Supercab 4X4

#3 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,253 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 Spirit 17'
  • Interests:Woodworking, photography, birding & travel
  • Casita Club Directory #:1830

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Does anyone have pictures of the couch/bunk option for the 17 spirit deluxe I can't find any info for this option

Referring to the factory's features chart you will see there's a factory option for couch/bunk in the spirit deluxe.However, most owners that have such have modified their deluxe to their desired arrangement. Perhaps someone that has done it will guide you to their pictures.

Edited my original post, now that I've read the referenced page.

Edited by usburros, 31 December 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#4 LSChilders

LSChilders
  • Casita Club Member
  • 815 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1251

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

in the Casita line, ..."Deluxe" means, .... it has a bathroom and other features that the "Standard" doesn't have.
Larry Childers #1251 (Hillbilly, 1st Class, At your Service)
Amateur Radio K3LSC
GMRS Radio WQBL405
KY. , U.S.A.

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration"

#5 The Goose Egg

The Goose Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 337 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

According to the casita web site, you can still order the side bunk if you purchase the spirit model.

My first Casita was a 1986 16ft. spirit deluxe with a side couch/bunk where the side dinette would be.
We could sleep 4. 2 in the back , 2 on the side, and we still had the bath/shower in the front.
Because of the top bunk, we did not have the large sliding window that comes with the sd with the side dinette.
It had a small window like the one in the bathroom, turned sideways.

I would not recommend an adult sleeping in the top bunk, it is not that strong in my opinion.
We ended up removing the top bunk cushion/plyboard and just using the side bed as a couch.
If you order the side bunk option, it can not be made back into a dinette without making new cabinets.
The lower cabinet with the side bunk option is one solid piece.
We bought our 16ft. used and would have rather had the side dinette instead, since it could be made into a bed if needed.

Sorry I don't have a picture, we sold the 16 ft. to buy a 17ft. sd.
Angie

Edited by The Goose Egg, 01 January 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Goose's Egg, AKA The Bear Necessities
Pictures of: Casita, Quilt, Bear & Vacation Photos

#6 98blazer

98blazer
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Thank you the brochure I received from casita had a option sheet provided and a price sheet on the option sheet it says couch/bunk bed option in leiu of side dinette I have never seen one or any pictures of one what I really want is a 17ft freedom deluxe with a fold down overhead bunk I am under the impression the factory won't build special orders I was wondering if I could purchase the bunk parts from casita build my own but not seeing the couch/bunk option I'm not sure that's possible I'm going to call harald this week and see what he says I'm going to order one in the very near future but at this point I don't know what floorplan to get

#7 The Goose Egg

The Goose Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

If I remember right, we did not have the upper cabinets that come with the sd. with the side dinette.
Because of the top bunk being hinged to the wall. So, if you ordered one you would have to specify no upper cabinets or window above the side bed.
The freedom deluxe has the swivel chairs on the side, is that what you wanted?

Edited by The Goose Egg, 31 December 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#8 Sue and Sandy

Sue and Sandy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,650 posts
  • Local time: 03:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2001 16ft. Freedom Deluxe

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

98blazer,
I apologize if I misunderstood your request. Did you mean a unit that has no bathroom (standard) and has a couch/bunk where the bathroom is?

Susan

post-176-0-17307400-1358704984.jpg

post-176-0-54687300-1405271931_thumb.jpg

2001 16' FD "The Alpine Egg-Spress" #1155
2013 Ford F150 Supercab 4X4

#9 98blazer

98blazer
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I will be perfectly honest I have spent well over a year searching for the perfect trailer I have gone through all the compeditors offerings and spoke to numberous manufacturers representatives and have come to the conclusion that casita offers the best trailer I am only going to buy one trailer in my life I know exactly what I want and what suits my needs between the factory and dealerships the competiters will build a trailer to my specifications so I am praying the casita factory can work with me and build what I need or recomend an authorized subcontractor to do the alterations that I need I would rather modify a casita versus buying a trailer from casitas competion hands down I feel casita builds a much better trailer I'm sure casita owners will agree

#10 The Goose Egg

The Goose Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

I agree , Casita is a much better built trailer than the stick builts.

Casita does still offer the spirit deluxe with the side bunk option, but I don't think they would install the bunk bed above the swivel chairs in the freedom.

Do you really want the swivel chairs that come with the freedom or do you want the spirit model with the side bench seat/ seats?

#11 98blazer

98blazer
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

I would hate to get rid of the side picture window what I would like is the swivel seat dinette not have the cabinets above but have a bunk that would fold down for my 13 year old son he weighs 115lbs but still growing so a 150 to 200 lb weight rating I know nothing like that is offered but basically that is what I need thanks for the replies

#12 98blazer

98blazer
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I love the freedom deluxe floorplan but the spirit deluxe would make life a lot easier I would love to figure out how to get the best of both worlds I need a dinette and need a bed but want the swivel chairs

#13 The Goose Egg

The Goose Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

I don't think there is enough room to mount a bunk above the swivel seats in the freedom because of the curve of the camper wall.

If It were me, I would get the spirit with the side dinette that makes into a single bed.
We took my 16 year old nephew on a 5000 plus mile trip and he slept well on the side dinette/bed.

Maybe you could call casita to see if there is a spirit or a freedom in your area to look at.
You may find the spirit to be comfortable enough to compromise.

Edited by The Goose Egg, 01 January 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#14 98blazer

98blazer
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I live in pennsylvania and I'm going to ask about the referral program I have only seen a casita going down the turnpike going the opposite direction no chance of catching up to it I would definely see one in person before purchasing one there are two other options I need ac/dc tank heaters and dual batteries hoping rice can help me with that it will be used in cold weather at this point I haven't figured out what to do about the seating option sd would be the smart option guess that's why its the best selling model I am just sold on the fd floorplan I will have to decide real soon

#15 98blazer

98blazer
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I forgot to add I spoke to harald in the begining of last year he also said the sd was my best option at the time I didn't ask to many questions I was still searching the market I have seen all the competitors trailers in person and at this point would still buy a casita sight unseen before purchasing something else