• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DirtDawg

DirtDawg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 312 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

After corresponding several weeks with the owner of LED Trailer Lights ("Doug"), I'm pleased to announce another Group Buy (GB) opportunity patterned after the well-received program of January 2011. As before, these are same style LED replacements for standard type 1141 incandescent bulbs and likewise "warm color" equivalent to incandescent preferred by many Casita owners. The small T-10 LED mini-wedge type lamp used in Casita galley range hoods also remains at reduced pricing. (Note: a 2nd style wedge lamp, T-10 / 921, has been added as an option for greater illumination. There is more than sufficient room to fit one within the galley overhead fan lamp fixture.)

For those new to the forum, you can do a key word search for earlier thread posts to see how replacing incandescent bulbs achieves significant reduction in battery consumption. This is especially beneficial while camping without shore power, i.e., operate all interior lamps same time using LEDs for roughly same power consumption of just one standard 1141 incandescent bulb.

Like last time, the GB objective is to obtain reduced pricing as an incentive during a limited time "window of opportunity". Check out the link below, but in brief; no minimum purchase quantity and flat rate shipping per transaction. Prices have gone up since last time (Doug says) due to increased pricing from his supplier plus higher air shipment costs to LED Trailer Lights from point of origin in China. Another objective from the prior GB has been addressed this time; sufficient inventory on hand at LED Trailer Lights to ensure prompt shipment of GB customer orders (avoid delays from demand that exceeded his ready stock). As disclaimer, I have no financial interest with LED Trailer Lights nor derive any benefit from this GB.

Note: this LED GB pricing offer is valid only through December 26, 2011. The prior GB time period was extended due to supply limitation delays which I believe will be avoided this time. In any case, the seller's terms are subject to change and not controlled by me.

LED Trailer Lights - Casita specials

"DirtDawg" Jeff
Payson, AZ

2011 Lance 1685 - DawgHouse III

2010 17 SD - DawgHouse II (sold)
2014 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 6.2L
2000 Jeep "TJ" Wrangler

#2 Janet

Janet
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Thank you, DirtDawg! :D

#3 Dex

Dex
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Do the LEDs provide more light than the incandescent bulb?

Is there any problem with just replacing 1 or 2 fixtures with LED?
2006 17' Spirit owner since July 18, 2006
Tow Vehicle - 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 3.9L, Automatic Sports Plus Package, 31X10.5 tires, Limited Slip Differential, 4.10 gear ratio, Trailer Tow Group pkg(transmission & oil cooler, class IV hitch, wiring), Heavy Duty package (automatic Overdrive, battery upgrade, front & rear anti sway bars) Package

#4 travlinbob

travlinbob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 687 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM
  • Interests:Family, travel, surfing the web, researching historical places and events, maps and charts, travel, cars, sailing, light sport aircraft and photography.
  • Casita Club Directory #:3005

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

DirtDawg, I have already replaced all the lights in my 09C17SD but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you working out another group buy for our Casita friends. They are a vast improvement over the original bulbs and for the information of those thinking of taking advantage of the group buy, you won't be sorry if you replace your bulbs with the LEDs. They put off a light very similar to the incandescent but slightly brighter (in my opinion) and the light put out somewhat reminds me of the light provided by fluorescent bulbs. The price is still very competitive. I spent about $100.00 replacing the ten on mine and at $114.00 for 10 1141s they are still very reasonable. TBob

Edited by travlinbob, 16 December 2011 - 09:20 PM.

09 C17SD "Rancho Casita", high lift axle, and 15" load range "D" Marathons
01 Chevy Blazer and 07 Trail Blazer

#5 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:00 AM

Do the LEDs provide more light than the incandescent bulb?

Is there any problem with just replacing 1 or 2 fixtures with LED?

I think they're near idential to the OEMs.

Yes, you can replace as many as you can afford.

I suggest you mark the light cover(s) where you install them with a stick-on dot on the front so you remember which fixtures have them and which don't.

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#6 WtMtJim

WtMtJim
  • Casita Club Member
  • 184 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:16' FD 2010

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Thanks, Jeff. I just put my order in for replacement LEDs for all my fixtures - indoor and out. Presently I have a hodge-podge of incandescent and several types of LEDs. I also have been looking for the coiled break-away cord which I also ordered. Good job! Thanks, again.
White Mountain Jim
(Jim & Alice)
2010 Casita 16' FD - "Egg'Scape Pod"
2005 Toyota 4Runner V8 - sway bar & air bag suspension helpers
"The road is always better than the inn." - Cervantes

#7 schatzie

schatzie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Jeff!

I just ordered 12 to replace all of my lights and have a few spares. I also ordered the breakaway tether. I think that it is great when a member can arrange for a group buy. It is a win-win situation for both the buyer and the seller. Once again, thanks for thinking about the rest of us.
Bob & Ginny Schattschneider
South Milwaukee, WI.
2009 Casita 17' SD
2004 Ford F-150 FX4

#8 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,998 posts
  • Interests:Member Since
    Jan 21 2005
  • Trailer Name:AZ Snowball

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

DirtDawg, I have already replaced all the lights in my 09C17SD but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you working out another group buy for our Casita friends. They are a vast improvement over the original bulbs and for the information of those thinking of taking advantage of the group buy, you won't be sorry if you replace your bulbs with the LEDs. They put off a light very similar to the incandescent but slightly brighter (in my opinion) and the light put out somewhat reminds me of the light provided by fluorescent bulbs. The price is still very competitive. I spent about $100.00 replacing the ten on mine and at $114.00 for 10 1141s they are still very reasonable. TBob

Exactly the same answer.....They're that nice warm white and just a tad brighter than the stock bulbs.... definitely not that ghostly blue/white.
I replaced every bulb inside and outside the trailer including the stove vent hood.
Joe

Edited by Joe Z, 18 December 2011 - 10:31 AM.

Joe & Linda
Dodge Ram 4x4

#9 frosin

frosin
  • Casita Club Member
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

I just replaced all of my interior bulbs with these . They were just $4.49 each, and the shipping was $3 for one bulb, and each additional bulb in the same order increased the shipping by only 22 cents. I ordered 3 bulbs first to see if I liked them; then I ordered 6 more for a total of 9 bulbs (my porch light was already LED). The total for both orders was $47.57 or $5.29 per bulb.

Fred
Fred and Mary
'99 17' SD
2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
San Antonio, Texas

"The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends". Robert Earl Keen

#10 brain

brain
  • Casita Club Member
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

I just replaced all of my interior bulbs with these . They were just $4.49 each, and the shipping was $3 for one bulb, and each additional bulb in the same order increased the shipping by only 22 cents. I ordered 3 bulbs first to see if I liked them; then I ordered 6 more for a total of 9 bulbs (my porch light was already LED). The total for both orders was $47.57 or $5.29 per bulb.

Fred

That does look like a great price Fred. The only difference I could detect between these two is the Amazon ones are 4500K-5000K in whiteness while the group buy ones are warmer in the 3150K area.

#11 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Casita Club Member
  • 676 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Liberty/17

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

I ordered a set for my Liberty and got a notification that they were already in the mail. I hope I get them before the post office goes out of business!

Thank you!

George

#12 Dennis The Menace

Dennis The Menace
  • Casita Club Member
  • 286 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' liberty
  • Interests:USMC,Traveling,people,
    light houses,
    fishing,sport shooting
    ,visiting old forts,History,
    motorcycles,eating,camping.
  • Trailer Name:it is what it is

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Great ,thanks for setting this up.
I ordered a set,there on the way,should get them tommorrow. Bit the bullet and got them all. Might as well get it all done. A secret Christmas present for self. :dncinban:

Update--Got them today ,28th.fast shipping, Perfect.:dncinban:

Edited by Dennis The Menace, 28 December 2011 - 11:47 AM.

Dennis and Bess
RV: 2011 17' Casita Liberty  "it is what it is "
TV: 2005 Grey Chevolet Tahoe 5.3 V8 replaced with 2016 cherry red, RAM Bighorn 5.7 V8 CC pickup.
Curt class IV hitch, Curt Anti sway bar,T-P3 brake controller, Cobra 29 CB & weather radio.

"Once in awhile it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world

in the way they have been told to.  -Alan Keightley

#13 Randy Magee

Randy Magee
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

I ordered and received my LEDs from eBay... they came from Hong Kong, but are the warm white 1141s, apparently the same bulb in the special buy at less than half the cost. They work fine, not quite as bright as the incandescents, but very usable. Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-BA15S-1156-1141-1073-Warm-White-LED-bubl-18-5050-SMD-Car-High-Brightness-/320785400018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab04cc0d2#ht_1577wt_1189

#14 DirtDawg

DirtDawg
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

UPDATE:
With consideration of holiday activities, LED Trailer Lights has agreed to extend the GB through Dec 31, 2011 rather than ending today to allow folks a few more days for purchases. LED Group Buy link

Edited by DirtDawg, 26 December 2011 - 11:01 AM.

"DirtDawg" Jeff
Payson, AZ

2011 Lance 1685 - DawgHouse III

2010 17 SD - DawgHouse II (sold)
2014 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 6.2L
2000 Jeep "TJ" Wrangler

#15 greenjeans

greenjeans
  • Casita Club Member
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, photography, fishing, gardening.
  • Trailer Name:Casita Rita

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

I ordered mine on the the 27th. They shipped on the 28th.

Thank you for your effort and the savings.

Eddie
Eddie, Hope & Boo, the bird
'12 Toyota Tacoma 4L, V6
'11 17ft SD, Casita-Rita

Our room stays the same, only the scenery changes.