3 replies to this topic

#1 lydia

lydia
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 06:29 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:liberty deluxe

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

hi , from georgetown texas. so I shopped on the casita club classified ads and found my 09 liberty deluxe in April 11. I would have bought a new one but couldn't wait until oct. Everything has checked out. I cannot find the fuses. The battery seems dead. How long do they last un-used?? I will have many more questions glad to be here

#2 Indy-hp

Indy-hp
  • Casita Club Member
  • 333 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

hi , from georgetown texas. so I shopped on the casita club classified ads and found my 09 liberty deluxe in April 11. I would have bought a new one but couldn't wait until oct. Everything has checked out. I cannot find the fuses. The battery seems dead. How long do they last un-used?? I will have many more questions glad to be here

Welcome!

The fuses are behind the metal panel on the front of the street side rear dinette seat.

The battery will last a long time, but it will drain eventually due to the small drain from the smoke and propane detectors. It will likely recharge when you plug in the shore power. You should check the water levels first.
Henry & Debbie
2010 Honda Ridgeline

#3 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 435 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus and true friends are priceless.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Congrats on you new Casita.
We have had our's since 1996. The battery is a marine type battery and is capable of being discharged and recharged many times. However, if at all possible, it is good to keep the battery maintained if possible. We keep our trailer in a public enclosed storage facility and there is electricity provided. We keep the power cord to the trailer plugged in at all times. This allows the battery to be kept at maximum charge at all times. We do have to check the battery water lever to be sure it doesn't get low. We have had our trailer for many years and we are on the third battery. The second was purchased at Sears and lasted several years and then I purchased a new battery last year at Walmart. It was the same battery that we got at Sears. If you do not want to keep the entire trailer plugged in, you can purchase a small battery maintainer at Walmart and attach it to the battery and it will keep the battery active. It only uses a small amount of current and is well worth the price. I keep one of these maintainers on a car that we drive only on occasion and it has saved the battery from ruin.
Hope you enjoy your Casita and Happy Camping...
Ron B

#4 Muttley

Muttley

Muttley

• Casita Club Member
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Our Casita lives in an open lot with 4200 other RVs. No electricity. We have a small solar panel that I hang in the window on the side that faces the afternoon sun. It and the charging while towing keeps the battery up very nicely.
2002 SD 17 'Tinker Toy'
2010 Nissan Xterra