• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,834 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, musea, traditional jazz music, piano, full timer.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Anyone enlighten me how to take a picture, or two, out of my iPhoto and attach it to a post or reply? The instructions I copied seem to apply to a Windows laptop. They do not match what I see on my Safari.

Thanks,

Ed

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !

#2 DonColorado

DonColorado
  • Casita Club Member
  • 390 posts
  • Local time: 04:57 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2006 Freedom
  • Interests:Don; People/fine arts/landscape photography,, bicycling, x-c skiing, kayaking, sailing, hiking, golf, a news-hound, national politics, wanderlust, discovering America, a good beer and interesting folks. Yes, "I've got too many irons in the fire"

Mary; cooking, history, reading non-fiction, classic black & white movies and pampering two little boy poodles named Bert & Ernie.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1925

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

Anyone enlighten me how to take a picture, or two, out of my iPhoto and attach it to a post or reply? The instructions I copied seem to apply to a Windows laptop. They do not match what I see on my Safari.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed........I've not mastered picture uploading after the sites upgrade last year. I'm on a MacBook Pro too, so here goes, I'll give it a try............

Here are two images;

1. Cat is from my iPhoto Library folder after I clicked on CLICK TO ATTACH FILES. Then selected an image from within the folder.
2. Casita and Truck is from an export file that I set up to send images to other locations from my Aperture software file, this is what I use for my photo work. I'm unable to access images in my Aperture file............ why, I do not know.

Try to attach an image via #1 above and see if that works.

DonColorado

Attached Thumbnails

• 2007 04 22 258_edited-1_2.jpg
  • 0703_CO_UT_I70 (46)_V3 (Large).jpg

DonColorado - "Hotel Casita III"

"The world is a book and...... the person who stays home reads but one page." William Shakespeare

#3 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,834 posts
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, musea, traditional jazz music, piano, full timer.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

testing uploading picture

Apparently not, using #1. Haven't a clue what Export File or Aperture File means. Time to stop somewhere long enough to take some overdue lessons on the Mac.

Nice cat.

Edited by Dutchman, 08 February 2011 - 05:53 AM.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"

#4 thetravelkids

thetravelkids
  • Casita Club Member
  • 281 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:2583

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

Dutchman,
I don't have a Mac, but I agree that posting photos on this Forum is a Royal Pain.
I think the process is the same regardless whether you're an Apple or a Windows user.
From what I understand, after you finally decide what photo you'd like to post, you'll need to "resize" it.
Then it has to be uploaded to a site like tinypic.com. Copy that URL onto your clipboard.
Then you compose a posting. To insert the photo, click on the the "Insert Image" icon.
You get a pop up box that tells you to paste the URL (I've never figured out what URL stands for and I don't care either) of the photo that you want to insert.
Way to many hoops to jump through in my humble opinion. Or am I not understanding "the process?"

Posted Image
Bob & Pat
2012 Evergreen Element ET26SLR - "Ms Ellie"
2007 Casita 17' SD, gone but not forgotten
2012 Ford Expedition Limited
Visit us at www.katrinacasita.wordpress.com
Posted Image

#5 MMoe

MMoe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for making the effort to post that picture. Beautiful!
Moe
2009 17' FD (now a FreeSpirit)
2008 Avalanche

#6 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,253 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 Spirit 17'
  • Interests:Woodworking, photography, birding & travel
  • Casita Club Directory #:1830

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

Surely the picture posting from a Mac isn't any different from than a Windows.

On both the picture probably will have to be resized to not exceed 200-300KB. "Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows" is what I use for Windows Vista and there are other programs for quick resizing. The resizer makes a smaller size copy of your original picture and places it right beside the original in the same folder on your computer.

Then when posting, I "Click To Attach Files" and in the window that opens I find the resized picture and click it. It uploads and then I can place it within the post where I want it.

P1270036 (Large).JPG Powell (oxbow) Lake in The Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge. 1/27/11 (192KB - 1024X768 pixels, 314dpi)

If she will let me I may try using Julie's MacBook to see if it is the same.

Harold

Edited by usburros, 08 February 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#7 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Tried three times to add a picture from a MacBook. All three tries failed. I knew the 1.2MB original file would be too large, but even after reducing the photo to 20KB the upload still failed.

Maybe a regular Mac user will eventually help.

Harold

#8 NomadWoman

NomadWoman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 390 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 SD 16 ft
  • Casita Club Directory #:2250

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

Snow on truck.jpg

Okay Dutchman, let's see how this works. I have a MacBook (not Pro) and I now have to "Export" my pictures (from iPhoto) to a special folder on my hard drive (I have my on Desktop) to insert into my blog, facebook (I don't like coming thru fb itself), etc. I think the size above is 12K. When I want to load a picture, I of course go to "Reply", go to "Choose File" at the bottom left below, go to the "Blog Folder" on my hard drive, select the picture, then click on "Attach This File" (think that's what it still says); and, then I think it asks you if you want to include the attachment to the posting - Yes.

With my old Mac G4, I didn't have to go thru all these steps to get pictures uploaded to my blog, etc - I could do it direct.

Oh, by the way that's the snow from today on my truck - taken half hour ago. Guess I'll stay home for a few days. Driveway has drifted up to around 20 inches; but at least it's very light. I kind of like the movie "Cars" look.
E

Casita Down the Road
05 Tundra 4x2, 2000 Spirit DL
Lovin' this Southern New Mexico.
Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness. ~Ray Bradbury
Emily's Adventures in Retirement

#9 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

IMG_1017resized.jpg Resized to 20KB

I tried it again and it worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first time.
After exporting to the desktop (resized) just as an individual file (not into any folder), it's as simple as E described. To add to what E posted above, when exporting the picture to a new file/folder that's where you have the choice of resizing the picture.
Once you've uploaded to the post, you can just delete the photo from the desktop and the original is still in iPhoto.

Harold

Edited by usburros, 08 February 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#10 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

Ok, here goes, try # 549 :huh:

Hallelujah!! it worked. The photo shows what happens when you park a Casita too long in one place. Stalagmites grow <_<

Thanks, Nomadwoman and usburros

Attached Thumbnails

• AC growth.jpg

Edited by Dutchman, 08 February 2011 - 11:58 AM.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"

#11 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, I believe you got it.

Looks like you resized it to the "small" choice. "medium" would probably be about the right size for the forum posts.
Now Dutchman, let us see some more pictures. And, you know you can export multiple pictures.

Harold

#12 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Snow on truck.jpg

Oh, by the way that's the snow from today on my truck - taken half hour ago. Guess I'll stay home for a few days. Driveway has drifted up to around 20 inches; but at least it's very light. I kind of like the movie "Cars" look.
E

Nomadwoman - you do not have to be in Kansas to get clobbered, even palm trees get the blues, uh, whites.
Mission, TX

Attached Thumbnails

• winter Twin lakes.jpg

Edited by Dutchman, 08 February 2011 - 12:02 PM.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"

#13 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, I believe you got it.

Looks like you resized it to the "small" choice. "medium" would probably be about the right size for the forum posts.
Now Dutchman, let us see some more pictures. And, you know you can export multiple pictures.

Harold

OK Harold, here comes a "medium" selection. The 'real' place for the "stalagmites". Thanks for the assistance, practice makes perfect.

Attached Thumbnails

• twin rock cafe.jpg

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"

#14 NomadWoman

NomadWoman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 390 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 SD 16 ft
  • Casita Club Directory #:2250

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Oh Dutchman, I thought that was Lucy and Linus having a heart to heart discussion about life on top of your trailer.

Glad you got the picture loading done. Will be expecting more from you now.
Emily

Casita Down the Road
05 Tundra 4x2, 2000 Spirit DL
Lovin' this Southern New Mexico.
Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness. ~Ray Bradbury
Emily's Adventures in Retirement

#15 DesertHawk

DesertHawk
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Dutchman, I am using a MacBook Pro now as well. I normally haven't had a problem posting pics either by iPhoto or from the desktop. With the Mac, one can click and drag a photo form a site to the desktop. When posting, one can change where you are to find the photo you wish to post. Go form iPhoto to Desktop.

Not sure if I have worded this in a way which can be understood. At times I have not been able to find a photo I want on the iPhoto when posting, but if I click and drag the photo out of the iPhoto to the desktop, then I can post. Not sure why some photos which are down loaded into the iPhoto will not show up there when I want to post. Doesn't happen each time, but has happen several times. Not sure what I do to make this happen, but I can get around it by the click and drag method.

Yes, hope you post many photos, you are always at an interesting place. I know I enjoy seeing peoples photos.

The first photo I am posting is of the cactus which got hurt it the freezing temps in Tucson. My daughter took it with her cell phone, sent it to me and I down loaded it to the desktop of the Mac. The cactus is dropping it "limbs" which got hurt.

The second photo is from the iPhoto file pictures which I had down loaded from my camera.

The 3rd photo is your photo I clicked and dragged to the desktop......only as a demo. I will delete it from my desktop now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Freeze Damaged Cactus 4Feb11.jpg
  • web-9.jpg
  • Dutchman\'s photo.jpg

Edited by DesertHawk, 08 February 2011 - 12:46 PM.

DesertHawk* Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper with Dinette Slide

160 watt Solar Panel, GoPower Solar Controller
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp