#1 Kip K.

Kip K.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 115 posts
  • Local time: 12:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

Hello,

Is there a link for the parts department at Casita?

Thanks,
Kip
In God we Trust!

#2 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,832 posts
  • Local time: 09:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

No, there is no online Casita parts department.

Call them at 800-442-9986.

Eileen
07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#3 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,791 posts
  • Local time: 10:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, musea, traditional jazz music, piano, full timer.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:10 AM

Hello,

Is there a link for the parts department at Casita?

Thanks,
Kip

When I call the Casita factory I always ask for 'Parts and Services'. Usually they take my name and phone number and Victor (I believe) calls me back later in between customer preparations.

He checks with you what you need and then arranges for shipping and invoicing for you. An easy procedure at Casita.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !

#4 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 372 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE: "When I call the Casita factory I always ask for 'Parts and Services'. Usually they take my name and phone number and Victor (I believe) calls me back later in between customer preparations. He checks with you what you need and then arranges for shipping and invoicing for you. An easy procedure at Casita."

Just my 2 cents worth, but it would really be "easier" if they'd get themselves on-board here in the internet age and put up an on-line store. Heck, they already have a web-site (rudimentary as it is, but at least it's something). It would probably boost their sales exponentially too. Now that would be easier, IMHO.

I know they're a small family company, but so what? Today, it takes very little to put up an I-sale site. Very little cost, time, or effort. Just about every little "Mom & Pop" sells online nowadays. Their just stuck in the old "this is the way we've always done it" mentality, and don't seem to want to move forward with the times. I'm surprised they don't have someone in the back room "writing" up sales orders with a hammer and chisel on a flat stone.

Edited by Euphoria, 14 January 2011 - 09:57 AM.

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. --Stephen Hawking

#5 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, musea, traditional jazz music, piano, full timer.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE: "When I call the Casita factory I always ask for 'Parts and Services'. Usually they take my name and phone number and Victor (I believe) calls me back later in between customer preparations. He checks with you what you need and then arranges for shipping and invoicing for you. An easy procedure at Casita."

Just my 2 cents worth, but it would really be "easier" if they'd get themselves on-board here in the internet age and put up an on-line store. Heck, they already have a web-site (rudimentary as it is, but at least it's something). It would probably boost their sales exponentially too. Now that would be easier, IMHO.

I know they're a small family company, but so what? Today, it takes very little to put up an I-sale site. Very little cost, time, or effort. Just about every little "Mom & Pop" sells online nowadays. Their just stuck in the old "this is the way we've always done it" mentality, and don't seem to want to move forward with the times. I'm surprised they don't have someone in the back room "writing" up sales orders with a hammer and chisel on a flat stone.

Casita is what Casita is. Being mostly a Latino/a company, perhaps they're not as eager to chase after the almighty dollar like Americans do. Meanwhile, it would be better if you directed your post to the Casita factory, instead of in this forum. Not much we can do about it here, other than to enjoy our hand built strong Casitas, instead of a mass produced stick box.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"

#6 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

In my opinion, the owner, John Lang wisely resists adding a lot of 'extras' in order to keep their costs down and remain competitive with a reasonably priced product. However, I do believe Casita could expand its operations to include computers for their sales associates and an online parts department. Does seem silly this day-in-age that their sales invoices are written and calculated by hand. I also believe they could benefit their bottom line by offering more items to their options and upgrades list and charging accordingly for them.

Ya know, it's possible that what we write here may get back to 'the boss:'

Casita sales associate Jonathan Willis, the son-in-law of John Lang, became a member of this forum this last August. Back in 2007, he was the Service Tech who conducted my Orientation. He's a good guy and another former Michigander.

Eileen

#7 highwayfl

highwayfl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 539 posts
  • Local time: 12:10 AM
  • Interests:Long distance hiking, backpacking, seeing what is out there so as to lessen the regrets of mark Twain, plus sea kayak touring, kayak fishing the salt water flats and surf fishing, accumulating memories now, while I can, to remember later, when I cannot.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

Casita has a successful business plan and is making money while most other RV manufacturing are floundering...so, why change what works?

Personally, I prefer the smallness of their company, a voice that answers the phone when I call and a human with whom I can interface with, ask questions, solve problems, and have needed part(s) shipped, all quickly by voice & phone. I guess I am old-fashioned but I prefer their "parts department", personal arrangement , over an inhuman and impersonal one by my computer screen online. For one, I feel more comfortable ordering a part directly from Victor or whoever helps me because I am surer that it will be the one I need.

No, they have a very successful business plan in play and I wouldn't be presumptuous to suggest they change any of it............other than to add another shift on their manufacturing line!
'00 Casita, 16' SD 3936 - "Motel One"
'02 Jeep Wrangler, Straight 6, 4.0 L, 4WD, 5-speed
Pulling the Egglet with Aplomb!

#8 Donna D.

Donna D.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 454 posts
  • Local time: 08:10 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

None of the molded trailer manufacturers make everything used to build a trailer. Everything from windows, awnings, vents, appliances, fabrics, rivets, caps, floor coverings, upholstery, foam, formica, etc., etc. is manufactured by diffent companies. IMHO, I'd rather buy locally from a big box store like Lowes or a local RV parts house, or even a local Camping World. I get nothing from S&H except added expense and prefer to SEE what I'm buying before plunking my money down. If I purchase something that needs to be shipped, I use the web to its best advantage and comparison shop websites.

YMMV

#9 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

Dutchman wrote: "Meanwhile, it would be better if you directed your post to the Casita factory, instead of in this forum."

Instead of in this forum? I thought this was a forum to discuss all things Casita related. I guess I must not be on top of my game. Silly me...
I'm not here to impune the fine reputation of the folks at Casita. That was never my intention. I was merely pointing out that if they truly wanted to make shopping with them easier, they should consider updating their business operations. If they want to remain small and don't want to grow and nurture a larger business, I guess that is their perogative. However, that being said, I still stand by my earlier comments. It's my opinion, nothing more-nothing less, and I'm not only entitled to it, but I still stand by my observations whole-heartedly. If you find my observations not to your liking, so be it, but don't tell me I can't voice my opinions here like everyone else. You are free to make your own judgements as to what you want, or don't want, to believe. That doesn't make the world stop spinning either way. You have your views and I have mine. Don't take it as a personal affrontery to yourself or the folks at Casita.

Oh, and just what does being a Latino owned company, (if indeed they even are,) have to do with chasing the almighty dollar? I don't know of any business, Latino owned or otherwise, who isn't chasing the almighty dollar. Why else would someone be in business if not to make money?

Edited by Euphoria, 15 January 2011 - 08:22 AM.

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

Casita Club # 2754

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. --Stephen Hawking

#10 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

Dutchman wrote: "Meanwhile, it would be better if you directed your post to the Casita factory, instead of in this forum."

Instead of in this forum? I thought this was a forum to discuss all things Casita related. I guess I must not be on top of my game. Silly me...
snip......If you find my observations not to your liking, so be it, but don't tell me I can't voice my opinions here like everyone else. You are free to make your own judgements as to what you want, or don't want, to believe. That doesn't make the world stop spinning either way. You have your views and I have mine. Don't take it as a personal affrontery to yourself or the folks at Casita.

Oh my, Oh my. Of course you are free to post your opinions in here. Of course this forum is to discuss all things Casita related. Far be it for me to "don't tell me I can't voice...." I did not say that at all. Neither did I say that your observations were not to my liking. I merely point out that WE, Casita owners, cannot change Casita factory policy. We can 'recommend' and 'suggest' changes and improvements, IF they are directed to the factory. C'est tout.

Ed

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"

#11 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

Well, maybe THEY will read some of the comments that WE have "suggested" and possibly consider incorporating them into their future business plans. Like you said, I am not in any position to dictate policy to Casita...their business is their business. What I found slightly disturbing was your comment admonishing me for blaspheming Casita's business methodology. Nothing could be further from the truth. I love my Casita, I very much like the fine folks who work there, and I think they put out a heck of a fine line of trailers. I just hope that, perhaps, they will read some of our ideas and suggestions and maybe utilize some of them down the road. No harm, no foul Ed.

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

Casita Club # 2754

#12 CHThursday

CHThursday
  • Casita Club Member
  • 371 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe / 17 ft.
  • Interests:Chuck Wagon cooking, travel, stereo photography
  • Casita Club Directory #:1714

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

My experience for the 7 years I have had my Casita is similar to that of Donna D's. Anything I have needed, be it for a repair or modification, I have obtained locally. I do not live in a major metropolis. If I should need something truly off the wall as when I used silicon bronze bolts for eletrical work I did, I can get two day service from McMaster Carr. For me I don't care if Casita uses the most up to date computer system or a pencil stub and a brown paper sack for their Parts Department.

Edited by CHThursday, 15 January 2011 - 11:58 AM.

Bruce
Out in West TEXAS -"200 miles from anywhere"
2004 17' SD "RoadHippo"
2004 Mitsubishi FUSO
FG639 4X4

#13 Glenn Wolfe

Glenn Wolfe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 59 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Perhaps only a large inventory of replacement parts would justify the time and expense of building an on-line order system. Because so many of the components of the Casita (and parts to repair them) are from other suppliers, the number of items Casita itself supplies may not come up to that justification level.

GW
Glenn Wolfe
2010 17 FD
TV-07RAV4 6cl

#14 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Truth is, does anyone really know the full extent of parts that Casita offers? If this information were available online, we'd probably be surprised by what they carry.

Let's say I need a package of rivets. I visit their Parts Dept webpage and find that they also sell the replacement hardware I need too. First off, I know they'll be the right parts for my Casita. Second, I'll end up spending more money than I would have with just a phone call. Third, not only would this add to their bottom line, it would also be time-effective for their personnel. Is it really necessary for the Parts people to have a phone conversation with everyone needing parts when their time could be better spent simply printing out the Packaging Slip, filling the order and sending it off with UPS?

More than anything, an online parts department is about customer convenience. Creating an online parts department (including inventory) is actually very easy to set up through PayPal. It would be worth it, even if we're only talking 10 items.

As for shopping locally, I do like to support my local merchants and see what I'm buying before I buy it, and I like knowing that I can easily return it if it doesn't work out; however, I'm guessing that for those of you who prefer to shop in person, there is probably a 5-to-1 ratio of us who do a lot of our shopping online. I know a number of Casita owners who buy most of their stuff on eBay, Amazon, Tweety's, etc.

Personally, I don't like shopping. I still work and am always juggling multiple projects, so I simply don't have the time to run around. And clicking a few buttons is a lot quicker and easier for me than making a phone call (and often waiting for a call back, in Casita's case). I can also compare costs online and, sometimes, even with shipping included, I can get a better deal.

YMMV.

Eileen

#15 Glenn Wolfe

Glenn Wolfe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 59 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:35 AM

As usual Eileen, you're on the mark.