• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AUSTEX

AUSTEX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 06:58 PM

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:14 AM

has anyone ever camped on the beach there (primitive)? I've seen campers on that beach before, but I've never tried it. I have a 16' towed with a 2wd Expedition. I don't wanna get stuck. Any opinions?

Thanks....

#2 holdham

holdham
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:40 AM

First rule of driving on the sand- beach-----Drive ONLY on dark(wet) sand. Never drive on white dry sand as toe trucks charge $25 or what they want and you will be happy to pay at the time. Be sure to ask where you can camp from park people.
Have fun

#3 Mike & Carol #1220

Mike & Carol #1220
  • Casita Club Member
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 07:58 PM

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:05 PM

Carol and I have been camping there over 30 years. It is our favorite state park in our great state of Texas.

Our kids grew up camping there. Port Aransas and Corpus Christi are great places to have fun. When we were young, we beach camped some, in one of our popups, but quickly found we prefered the trailer sites with electricity, water, and a hot shower at nights.

Be careful and watch out for rattlesnakes in the sand dunes. There are signs posted at the park entrance warning of snakes.

If you go, our number one fish resturant is "Snoopy's", about 5 miles from the park towards Corpus. Take cash there.

Have fun and God Bless Texas!
Mike & Carol #1220
2006 17' Liberty Deluxe
2002 F-250 7.3L Diesel

#4 ricoshea

ricoshea
  • Casita Club Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:51 PM

The web site must be down but The Gulf Waters RV Resort on the Island is EXCELENTE!!!

www.gulfrv.com

Save the link and check it later.