Utah May 2010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 breckenridge

breckenridge
  • Casita Club Member
  • 456 posts
  • Local time: 09:09 PM
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, canoe, road/mtn biking, telemark skiing & cooking
  • Casita Club Directory #:2934

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:50 AM

Spent part of Apr and all of May visiting various Nat parks in UT & AZ. Along the way we met some truly great folks and also 'ran into' the Casita group doing the UT parks & GC.

Attached are couple of pics of Casitas.

Attached File  P5210133__Large_.JPG   216.64KB   30 downloads Capital Reef/Fruita: What is a group of Casitas really called ??? Attached File  P5210134__Large_.JPG   78.55KB   16 downloads Capital Reef picnic area.
Attached File  P5130092__Large_.JPG   93.84KB   15 downloads Zion: South camp gnd
13' Patriot Deluxe/2008: Sold
16' LD/2010
Nissan Xterra Off Road/2009
Bianchi Nirone C2C/2009
Specialized HardRock Sport 29 MtnBike
Mad River 14' Canoe

#2 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,902 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hey Breckenridge --

Did I meet you? I don't recall that I did.

We were definitely at the Fruita Campground in Capitol Reef, but would you believe #2 and #3 photos were not part of our group? That's not one of our tow vehicles nor was anybody at the picnic area. At Zion, we were in Watchman campground.

Just goes to show how many Casitas are on the road now. We ran into quite a few on this trip. At Capitol Reef, Vivian and Joe from Oregon, Dick Smith from Kansas, Bob from San Diego, joined our group. Another couple (whose names/state escapes me now) were already there when we started pulling in. They knew nothing about the Casita Club. Imagine their surprise.

We saw two Casitas parked at the RV park in Torry UT, and passed another going in the opposite direction when we left Escalante (which we later cam to find out was Bill and Karen from Florida).

At Zion, we met Les and Carol from CA, and Ted and Pat from WI.

At Grand Canyon north rim, we saw Allen Knudson and Kathy and George and Betty roll in. (Allen's bro, Doug Knudson, and George (HappyCamper) are the organizers of the Quartzsite gathering.)

Looks like the word is getting out. Riding in a 14-trailer caravan certainly was a rolling advertisement for them.

We all gave at least one or two tours of our trailers. They're a people magnetic...kinda like walking a puppy. biggrin.gif

Eileen

Edited by ArizonaEileen, 31 May 2010 - 01:41 PM.

07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#3 Bill & Karen

Bill & Karen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,688 posts
  • Local time: 11:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD Inneggsisle
  • Interests:kids and grand kids
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows
  • Casita Club Directory #:1193

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

ohmy.gif Hey Eileen, We passed you guys right after you left Escalante at 9:30 am Monday the 24th we were headed to Escalante State Park for a 1 day stopover and saw the petrified forest, we are now in Gallup, NM hoping to run into that bunch on Rt 66 so we can get some data on interesting sites as we go back east, great trip, been out since Apr 15th, Bill

Bill & Karen Sarasota, Fl. Love being Inneggsile

#4 breckenridge

breckenridge
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 456 posts
  • Local time: 09:09 PM
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, canoe, road/mtn biking, telemark skiing & cooking
  • Casita Club Directory #:2934

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

Eileen,

I do not believe we ever did meet, but hope fully will in the future.

We did meet Wanda (?) from Mississsippi at Watchman in Zion on/about 13 May, she said they were on the way to the UT Casita Rally.

Plus we met Gen. Jerry at Torrey, UT on/about 20 May. We were one of the two Casitas in the Wonderland RV Park at the junction of hwys #12 & #24 at Torrey.

The picture of the Casita at Zion's South Camp Gnd was taken 13 May.

The picture of the Casita at Capital Reef picnic area was taken 21 May--this Casita had a Green Frog decal/patch on the front by the door & another on the back

Our Casita (16' LD) & TV at Torrey camp gnd, 21 May.
Attached File  P5210008__Large_.JPG   149.74KB   6 downloads.
13' Patriot Deluxe/2008: Sold
16' LD/2010
Nissan Xterra Off Road/2009
Bianchi Nirone C2C/2009
Specialized HardRock Sport 29 MtnBike
Mad River 14' Canoe

#5 Guest_baron100_*

Guest_baron100_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

Hey Breckenridge, that is my Casita in the middle of your first pic. Sorry I missed you. I saw your rig when driving through Torrey one evening. I have many fond memories of spending time in Breckenridge in the summer. Always enjoyed sitting on the upper deck of Bubba Gump's eating shrimp and drinking beer while watching the kids and dogs play in the Blue River below. Very scenic spot. I have chased (not caught) many trout up and down the river between Frisco and Breckenridge. Always tough fishing in August.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Attached Files

Edited by baron100, 13 June 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#6 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,902 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (breckenridge @ Jun 1 2010, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eileen,

We were one of the two Casitas in the Wonderland RV Park at the junction of hwys #12 & #24 at Torrey.Attached File  P5210008__Large_.JPG   149.74KB   6 downloads.

Well, dang, Breckenridge, how come you didn't come join us? We all knew there were two Casitas up at the RV park.

Wanda and Jerry were only able to stay one night at Capitol Reef and then they were summoned home to MS.

Would have been nice to meet you!

Eileen

07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums