• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gemetz

gemetz
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 03:16 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:19 AM

Hi...My name is Gary and I am a retired widower living In Hudson Florida....just purchased a 2008 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe and am anxious to get on the road and meet some of you fellow campers. Had a TT some 40 years ago when the kids were small and we camped all along the Delmarva peninsula...I remember how enjoyable that was....it is just me now so I am ready to go all the places and see all the things that I never had time for previously....hope to meet you all soon....

#2 Samarai

Samarai
  • Casita Club Member
  • 366 posts
  • Local time: 05:16 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:SD/17'
  • Interests:Travel (RV/Military SpaceA), Metal Detecting, Foreign Language - Japanese

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (gemetz @ May 19 2010, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi...My name is Gary and I am a retired widower living In Hudson Florida....just purchased a 2008 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe and am anxious to get on the road and meet some of you fellow campers. Had a TT some 40 years ago when the kids were small and we camped all along the Delmarva peninsula...I remember how enjoyable that was....it is just me now so I am ready to go all the places and see all the things that I never had time for previously....hope to meet you all soon....

Welcome to the forum, Gary. Lots of good people here to help you with your new Casita. They have really helped me with a lot of the questions that I have had.

Be Good, or Be Careful!

Bill
Bill, Sweetie, & Mago Chan
Travelin' Texan
2003 Casita 17' SD /'05 Chevy van
White's V3 MD
USAF/USA (CWO) Retired

#3 f_stop

f_stop
  • Casita Club Member
  • 491 posts
  • Local time: 06:16 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:16' spirit deluxe

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

welcome aboard gary. i'm a solo traveler also and must say it's one of the best things i've done. while i'm only "semi-retired" i can still hit the road on a fairly regular basis. you'll find this forum quite helpful for those questions you're sure to come up with about your trailer.
if you're up for the trip there's a "casita & friends get together in nc next month. for more info: http://www.casitaclu...; friends rally (if that long link doesn't get you there just search for "casita & friends rally") i think there's about 20 or so trailers so far.

if/when you pass thru sc give me a shout and i'll buy you a beverage.

p@
"peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from the gods"
kurt vonnegut, the sirens of titan

#4 wilco

wilco
  • Casita Club Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Also a solo, retired, single after forty years of marriage (widowed and divorced). Look at Loners on Wheels (LOW) too. LOW has several FL chapters that are very active. The EGG Club is another Casita Organization for the SE US. Plus, you cn find kindred spirits for almost any hobby that interests you.

Great to have you here!!!

#5 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,857 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:16 AM

Hi Gary -- and welcome to the Solo Forum!

There are four of us doing the Utah Tour right now and we're having a terrific time. Wish more of us lived closer to one another. We'll have to plan a Solo gathering at some point.

Eileen
07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#6 Lane

Lane

Lane and the Poodle Girl

• Casita Club Member
  • 1,065 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Spirit Deluxe, 17
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Wine, California, Foreign Language - Russian & German
  • Casita Club Directory #:2430

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Gary, Welcome

Lane and Phoebe, the Mother Road Poodle Girl, On The Road
Ray Lane Aldrich
Lane's Bait Shop at
web.me.com/lanealdrich/Lanes_Bait_Shop
Retired & Loving it
Back in NoVA after the West Coast
2007 17'SD & Navigator

#7 roadcam

roadcam
  • Casita Club Member
  • 201 posts
  • Local time: 02:16 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2009 FD 17'
  • Interests:my dog 'Sybil', survival in a 17' trailer, photography, computers

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

you'll have a ball with your trailer - enjoy !
2009 Casita 17' FD
2008 Ford E-250 Supervan

" if you don't care where you're going, you're never lost - if you don't care when you get there, you're never late "

http://sunseekerimages.blogspot.com/

#8 sparky1

sparky1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 272 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:13Ft Patriot Deluxe
  • Interests:camping in something--
    I have a female cat
    good sam lifetimer
  • Casita Club Directory #:2911 virginia

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

Welcome Gary;
sorry for your Loss,
Virginia has many wonderful state parks-
come back up here and Visit;
Sparky1 in (Appomattox area),va.

#9 GREGEGG

GREGEGG
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:36 AM

I just sent in my deposit for a Casita 17' Spirit and will have to wait till the end of Oct. to pull it back from TX. I live in Atlanta and am looking forward to meeting some other singles on this list. Does the EGG club have a website?

Thanks

Greg
Future owner of the GREGEGG

#10 Sage

Sage
  • Casita Club Member
  • 60 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 SD/17'
  • Interests:Hiking, rockhounding, silversmithing, reading and painting.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (GREGEGG @ Jun 20 2010, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just sent in my deposit for a Casita 17' Spirit and will have to wait till the end of Oct. to pull it back from TX. I live in Atlanta and am looking forward to meeting some other singles on this list. Does the EGG club have a website?

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg,
I am new to solo camping as well and have found wonderful people on this forum who have given me guidance along the way. Welcome!
Diane
Sage & Miss Fannie
2002 17' Casita SD
1999 Ford Explorer
S. CA

#11 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (GREGEGG @ Jun 20 2010, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

Greg

Nope, this forum, www.CasitaForum.com and www.FiberglassRV.com are it (as far as I know) for fiberglass trailers.

However, this is the only one with a Solo section. We refer to ourselves as Solo as opposed to singles since some folks travel without their SigOthers.

Eileen

#12 Judy Colorado

Judy Colorado
  • Rally Organizer
  • 149 posts
  • Local time: 04:16 PM
  • Interests:I am an artist, watermedia and sculpture. Also, still love to play golf, XC ski, and hike. Reading is a #1 activity, mostly nonfiction. I love the outdoors and expect to be either in my studio or outside during the day and TV, reading and movie stuff only when it gets dark. Have a little daschund who keeps me walking.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:56 AM

Hi Gary,

Welcome to what will be a great Casita experience. I am retired and bought my Casita two years ago and have been having a ball ever since. The Casita people are a super group, always welcoming and eager to help you with any little problem. I just finished part of the Route 66 trip and can't wait to get on the road again. Check out the Casita Get Together forum. With the help of Arizona Eileen and others I am planning a Lewis & Clark Rolling Rally for summer of 2011. We will be traveling the Lewis and Clark Trail from St. Louis to Oregon starting about the middle of July. Just in the planning stages now.

My Mother lives in FL and I am planning to take the Casita down to Ft. Myers this winter. If this comes to pass I'll give you a hollar.

Welcome,
Judy
JudyColorado & The Travelin' Fox
Foxy the Dachsie
2002 17' SD
'07 Ridgeline

#13 NaturalWoman

NaturalWoman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (ArizonaEileen @ Jun 20 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<snip>

However, this is the only one with a Solo section. We refer to ourselves as Solo as opposed to singles since some folks travel without their SigOthers.

Eileen

Also cuz we don't hit on each other... or have I been missing something? tongue.gif
2001 Toyota Tacoma - "Jack"
2000 13-foot Casita Patriot Deluxe - "Cassie Blanca"

#14 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (NaturalWoman @ Jun 21 2010, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<snip>

Eileen

Also cuz we don't hit on each other... or have I been missing something? tongue.gif

Carol --

Maybe we would if the right "Single" came along! laugh.gif And of course, he'd have to have all the right mods.

Eileen

Edited by ArizonaEileen, 22 June 2010 - 10:40 AM.

#15 GREGEGG

GREGEGG
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:53 AM

biggrin.gif
QUOTE (GREGEGG @ Jun 20 2010, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

Greg

Nope, this forum, www.CasitaForum.com and www.FiberglassRV.com are it (as far as I know) for fiberglass trailers.

Eileen

Thanks for clearing that up. I will be sure to leave the disco ball at home. I suspect that I will need the storage for more important things anyway.