Lake Texoma camping?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SandiJay

SandiJay
  • Casita Club Member
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 12:47 PM
  • Interests:Travel, photography, computers, archeology, geology, architecture, history, Anazazi Indian sites, national parks, state parks, growing roses.
  • Casita Club Directory #:2666

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

I am looking for nice quiet, convient, adult, camping in the Lake Texoma area. It can be Texas or Oklahoma side. I live in far north Dallas (Collin County) I am sick and tired of travelling through Dallas-Fort Worth to get anywhere.

I should *not* be:

1. Thousand Trails. Been there and rejected that.
2. Any big-time trailer resorts that require a "membership".

Sandi & Jay Goode
Plano, TX
MYBLOG
2007 17' Freedom Deluxe
Delivered: Jan. 24, 2007
Tow: 2000 Honda Odyssey
Navigation: Honda Navagation with NavTec™ maping
Additional Navi: Hewlett-Packard IPAQ 4700 with HP Navigation
Navigation Software: Mapopolis using NavTec™ mapping

#2 cdsmith

cdsmith
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,458 posts
  • Local time: 01:47 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

We have camped at Eisenhower State Park several times. We stop there for one night on our way to places north like Branson, MO, that take a day and a half to reach or to drive through Dallas in the middle of the afternoon to miss the early morning traffic.

We have enjoyed our stays as there has never been a crowd leaving many sites to select from. Just show your Texas Parks Pass and get the discount.

Joyce and Charlie Smith, Princess Lily, Rose, and Violet - Grand Prairie, TX
RV: 1999 SD "The Little Egg"
TV: 2007 Escalade 2WD 6.2L V8 - 6L80E Trans - 3.42 Diff
Brake Control: Dexter Predator DX-2

#3 PRTexas

PRTexas
  • Casita Club Member
  • 680 posts
  • Local time: 01:47 PM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Sandi and Jay,

It's not Lake Texoma but Paul and I really like the two parks at Lake Ray Roberts: Isle du Bois and Johnson Branch. Really nice campsites and paved hiking/biking trail plus the Dallas Off Road Biking Association trails for the experienced mountain bikers. The DORBA trails are rated a 1-4 with 1 being the easiest. I WALK the DORBA trails and ride the nice paved trails. My biking skills are about a 0.

The beauty of Isle du Bois is that we can get there in an hour from our home in North Plano. We'd rather spend less time on the road and more relaxing. Out Custer to 380 then west to a cut off to the park. (little more complicated but it's not that hard).

Reine
Paul and Reine
Plano, TX
2000 FD "new to us" in 2008
2008 Chevy Avalanche
traded the Chevy S10