• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 b-hannasch

b-hannasch
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 09:22 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' LD
  • Interests:Fishing all kinds,love trout and saltwater more! Camping and exploring mainly seeing anything new....

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hi,

I am here in Austin and just got my Casita. Having alot of fun with it. Would like to maybe organize a get together with other CASITA owners

Ken Rodd
email: sgmken@aol.com

Hi, we are here in Spring/Woodlands area. Just got our egg and did get to go to Bluebonnet this year. Met some wonderful people and can't wait to get together again. Keep us in the loop, we would love to take a trip....Rob and Brenda
brenda.hannasch@att.net Thanks

#47 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Casita Club Member
  • 677 posts
  • Local time: 10:22 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Liberty/17

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

Rob and Brenda,
Ken is hosting a rally Aug 23-26 at the Austin Lone Star RV resort off of i-35. More info is on both sites under Austin Lone Star RV rally. He'd be glad for you to sign up. You will probably see many you met at Bluebonnet. Sandy
  • Babs&Chris likes this

#48 ampy

ampy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit SD 17
  • Interests:puttering around,traveling, --crafts, sewing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi,
We live in canton and would love to keep up with activities in the area.
Contact us if there is a Tx group.
Art
agclayborn@ yahoo.com

I am here in Austin and just got my Casita. Having alot of fun with it. Would like to maybe organize a get together with other CASITA owners

Ken Rodd
email: sgmken@aol.com

Hey guys, We live in Tyler, Tx and have a 1996 16' Casita. Honda Ridgeline RTL PU.
We purchased our Casita new in 1996 and have really enjoyed our trips. Our trailer
stays in a commercial storage facility out of the weather and still looks new.
We plan to go to Lake Fork this coming weekend. We stay at Hideaway Harbor and enjoy
staying there. It is right on the lake and well kept. Quiet place to stay...
We also go to Whispering Pines, Red Springs Tx and have been to Tyler, State Park many
times over the years. Casita's are small but, they are all we need. A good bed, and a place
to keep warm in the winter and keep cool in the summer. Weather is never a problem.
Hope you all enjoy you Casita's as much as we enjoy ours.
Ron and Linda
Tyler, Texas

Art and Ginger

#49 ampy

ampy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit SD 17
  • Interests:puttering around,traveling, --crafts, sewing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

We live in Canton and would like to know if there are activities going on in the Texas area. Other East Texans, let us know when things are planned.
We have a 2011 sd and usually do long trips.
Ampy
agclayborn@yahoo.com
Art and Ginger

#50 Glow Worm

Glow Worm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:16 foot Liberty
  • Interests:art, gardening, traveling, camping, fiddling, guitar, singing, painting, drawing, sleeping, day dreaming, playing with my dog, etc.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Howdy Texas Casitas - looks like a lot of you are in the Austin area. We are in Weatherford. My husband and I bought our second casita this past September - we upgraded to a 16 footer so we'd have a bathroom - started with a tiny 13 foot. We have a giant dog that we share the casita with, so we needed just a little more room, and the bathroom is SOOOO nice too:)
Anyway, wanted to share with all of you the BEST place to go with your egg, first saturday of every month, except September and then it is the second saturday. Pearl Texas is just a few hours north and west of Austin - about an hour and a half or so. For acoustic musicians and bluegrass lovers, there's no place like Pearl Texas. Just a blip on the map, due west of Waco. Spaces include water and electric service, $10 a night (you can donate more for the love of Pearl:), first come first served, music live on stage all day saturday, and jammers all over the grounds, inside the old school house and out. Great food sold in the old cafeteria all day too. See www.pearlbluegrass.com to see photos and for more information. There's three of us casita owners that make it on a pretty regular basis. We love Pearl, we bring our fiddle, and our guitar and play music all weekend long. Come join the fun! There's no place like Pearl.

#51 MMoe

MMoe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Pearl sounds great! I'll have to put that one on the books. SOUNDS (:rolleyes:) like a lot of fun. See you there and hope to hear you play. May be December before the calendar opens up enough to go. Which is all good!
Moe
2009 17' FD (now a FreeSpirit)
2008 Avalanche

#52 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 435 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus and true friends are priceless.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hey there fellow Texas Casita owners.
Anything coming up in the near future.
We live in Tyler and would love to meet other Casita owners.
Any rallies coming up soon in the East Texas area?
Ron and LInda

#53 TXButterfly

TXButterfly
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1987 16' Liberty
  • Interests:motorcycling, home brewing, science fiction, haunted houses, dogs, cats

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

We're in northwest Austin, but we bought our Casita in pieces and haven't started putting it together yet. Someday all the king's horses and all the king's men will get our egg back on the road. Until then, we're researching and blogging about our project.
Austin, Texas
1987 16' Liberty total restoration project
http://yagatoo.blogspot.com/

#54 2009

• Casita Club Member
  • 51 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2009 Patriot 13ft

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

I am near Denison and have a 13 ft 2009.

#55 arlon

arlon
  • Casita Club Member
  • 151 posts
  • Local time: 07:22 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Bunk Delux
  • Interests:Anything that gets me outside, photography

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

WOW, this post started in 2004? Any of the early posters still around? Funny to see a post where someone is waiting to get their trailer in 2004, Do you still have it?  (-:}

2002 17 Casita Bunk Model Delux
2005 AWD Astro van (my solo camper)
Dodge/Cummins quad cab

#56 Casita-Freak

Casita-Freak
  • Casita Club Member
  • 240 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Spirit 17' 2012
  • Interests:Astronomy, CCD Imaging, Telescope making, Amateur radio WD5IKX, Photography, Reading
  • Trailer Name:Moonlight Manor

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

I am near Denison and have a 13 ft 2009.

We are almost neighbors...since we are in Whitesboro.

John
Casita-Freak

#57 bobh

bobh
  • Casita Club Member
  • 24 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Bigfoot 25'
  • Trailer Name:Previously owned Casita Sp Deluxe 17'

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

We live in Plano and have just purchased our first Casita a few weeks ago (1999 17' SD).  It is in excellent condition and doesn't need any work.  

It is interesting to hear about Pearl, TX.  We will check it out sometime.       Bob and Mary

#58 Red Dog

Red Dog
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17'
  • Interests:Photography, Birding, Biking, Hiking, Astronomy,

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Dang! We used to live in Plano and move to White Rock Lake last April...just ordered our Casita and won't be ready until July 21st..Can't wait!

Red Dog

#59 CurryCampers

CurryCampers
  • Casita Club Member
  • 17 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Liberty Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Faith, Family, Pickleball, Golf, Sewing, Music.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hello Ya'll,  We're your neighbors just down the road in Cedar Hill. We picked up our Liberty Deluxe 17' last month on April 10th from Rice.

We've taken two trips close to home, which was Hamm Creek Park, Rio Vista, and the second trip was Lake Whitney State Park.

We are new to the whole RV thing, so we're still working out our own "kinks" with getting everything "just right" for us!

Happy Camping to you all!!

Judy & Ron

#60 flowerpot

flowerpot
  • Casita Club Member
  • 67 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17
  • Interests:At our age, just getting out of bed every am and putting one foot in front of the other, and grateful for each day that we can.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

We live in Canton and would like to know if there are activities going on in the Texas area. Other East Texans, let us know when things are planned.
We have a 2011 sd and usually do long trips.
Ampy
agclayborn@yahoo.com

We live on the north end of Cedar Creek Lake about 16 miles from Canton. Just returned from a trip to the Smoky Mtns where we attended the Eggscursion Rally. Had a ball with some 100 + other rvers. About 65 rigs, mostly Casitas. Would love to join up with others in the area for an outing, just let us know. 

Flowerpot

jonnmcd6@gmail.com