#31 Mayflow

Mayflow
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 03:38 AM

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (M and L @ Nov 3 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Mayflow @ Nov 3 2008, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am from Liberty Hill (just North of Austin) and plan my first trip with my new Casita next week out to Big Bend National Park. Has anyone been there? Any advice? I plan to spend about a week on vacation.

Hi, Mayflow:
I am also taking my Casita to Big Bend Park, from Nov. 17-14, and so is another Casitan in our group.
Will we see you there then?
I like to go to BBNP every year, but missed '07. I guess you have reservations? If you have specific questions, you can check out their website. I have about 40 favorite spots and hikes in the Park and nearby, and no time to list them all.
Advice? Hat, sunscreen, layers of clothing, be ready for temps from freezing to 90! Have fun!

I am tentatively planning to stay in the Marathon RV Park Sat Nov 8, then go down into the park on Sunday morning and maybe stay somewhere in the basin the first night, and just wing it from there.
Then later in the week to head out 118 towards the observatory. If you see me, feel free to come over and say hello.

#32 sgmken

sgmken
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Cooking chili in sanctioned CASI chili cookoffs raising money for local charities. www.chili.org

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

I just got my second CASITA - 2009 Spirit Deluxe - Love those 15" tires on the high lift axle - makes a difference. We are located in Austin, TX and thinking of hosting a get together at Austin Lone Star RV Resort in late August - The Texas State History Muesem, LBJ Library and downtown only 6 miles away - can arrange to have an "All You Can Eat" catfish dinner with all the trimmings for $9.95 plus tax one night. Let me know your thoughts.
Ken Rodd
"Hotrodd Chili"
2009 17' Spirit Deluxe
email: dwgken@aol.com
Austin, TX

#33 M and L

M and L
  • Casita Club Member
  • 70 posts
  • Local time: 05:38 AM
  • Interests:&quot;Pearl,&quot; 2000 SD 17'<br />06 Toyota 4 Runner

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (sgmken @ Mar 16 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got my second CASITA - 2009 Spirit Deluxe - Love those 15" tires on the high lift axle - makes a difference. We are located in Austin, TX and thinking of hosting a get together at Austin Lone Star RV Resort in late August - The Texas State History Muesem, LBJ Library and downtown only 6 miles away - can arrange to have an "All You Can Eat" catfish dinner with all the trimmings for $9.95 plus tax one night. Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds like fun!
Count me in!
"Pearl," 2000 SD 17'
06 Toyota 4 Runner

#34 Phil Underwood

Phil Underwood
  • Casita Club Member
  • 418 posts
  • Local time: 04:38 AM
  • Interests:motocross / fiberglass rvs / camping / muscle cars

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (M and L @ Mar 16 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sgmken @ Mar 16 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like fun!
Count me in!

count us in also

Phil & Denise Underwood
1997 Bigfoot 21 RB
2002 F-250

#35 sgmken

sgmken
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Cooking chili in sanctioned CASI chili cookoffs raising money for local charities. www.chili.org

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

I will work on having a get together here at Austin Lone Star RV Resort in August, probably the last weekend which is before Labor Day Weekend. We have a good rate here for groups $23.00 per night for full hookups plus cable TV. Breakfast includes "all you can eat pancakes" for $1.00. Having the fish fry I think would be good, as all other groups have loved it. The neat thing is I don't have to have a guaranteed minimum here.
Ken Rodd
"Hotrodd Chili"
2009 17' Spirit Deluxe
Austin, TX

#36 PRTexas

PRTexas
  • Casita Club Member
  • 680 posts
  • Local time: 06:38 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

Count us in too! As long as I have power for the AC, I'm good. And the fish fry sounds great.

And congrats on your new Egg.

Reine

Edited by PRTexas, 24 March 2009 - 03:09 PM.

Paul and Reine
Plano, TX
2000 FD "new to us" in 2008
2008 Chevy Avalanche
traded the Chevy S10

#37 meanders

meanders
  • Casita Club Member
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:travel<br />biochemistry
  • Casita Club Directory #:2338

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Sounds good, we hope to join!!
meanders
meanders
Denton, Tx
Honda Ridgeline RT
2006 SD 17
Prodigy
Casita Club # 2338

#38 Yvonne Gallowsy

Yvonne Gallowsy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 13 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 Spirit Deluxe

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

Hey we're in Palestine. That is Pal Est Teen. biggrin.gif

Ed & Bunny

Ed and Bunnee Galloway

#39 bill&sandra

bill&sandra
  • Casita Club Member
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Bill and I just love our 1985 Scamp. We travel with Reggie a lab mix shorthair who is slowly getting into camping. Now that "Pullet Surprise" has a new axle, she is feeling frisky enough to travel out of state! We just need to figure out a way to drive to Hawaii!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

[quote name='sgmken' date='Mar 24 2009, 02:04 PM' post='108207']
I will work on having a get together here at Austin Lone Star RV Resort in August, probably the last weekend which is before Labor Day Weekend.

Hey, does anybody go to the Batfest, held every Labor Day Weekend??? We take our little Scamp and party with the bat folks on the bridge!!! What about using that as a general egg get together there at the Lone Star Resort--that's where we always get a spot--so nice!
Think and see if anybody else might want to?
rolleyes.gif

Posted Image
Just Bill and Sandra, of Grand Prairie, Texas--proud owners of a 1985 13' Scamp!

#40 Phil Underwood

Phil Underwood
  • Casita Club Member
  • 418 posts
  • Local time: 04:38 AM
  • Interests:motocross / fiberglass rvs / camping / muscle cars

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (bill&sandra @ May 5 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, does anybody go to the Batfest, held every Labor Day Weekend??? We take our little Scamp and party with the bat folks on the bridge!!! What about using that as a general egg get together there at the Lone Star Resort--that's where we always get a spot--so nice!
Think and see if anybody else might want to?
rolleyes.gif

this sounds like something Denise and I would like to do

Phil & Denise Underwood
1997 Bigfoot 21 RB
2002 F-250

#41 bugeyedriver

bugeyedriver
  • Casita Club Member
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Kids, Grandkids, Reading, Traveling, Irish Whistle, Dulcimer, Native American Flute, Photography

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:14 AM

Sounds like a unique outing!

ps (I always knew Phil was "batty" anim_rofl2.gif )
Pete & Oscar the Smiley Dog
www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

#42 sgmken

sgmken
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (bugeyedriver @ May 6 2009, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a unique outing!

ps (I always knew Phil was "batty" anim_rofl2.gif )

HI,
The get together in Austin, TX at Lone Star RV Resort is set for August 27th thru the 30th. Full hookup pull thru RV ssites with cable TV and internet. Rate is $23.00 per night (Normally $40.00 per night). Early reservations highly recommend. For reservations send me an email with Name, Address, Cell Phone, arrival date, departure date to: dwgken@sol.com

If you come a few days early or want to stay a few days later - you will get the $23.00 rate.

Ken Rodd
210 887 8872
dwgken@aol.com
Ken Rodd
"Hotrodd Chili"
2009 17' Spirit Deluxe
Austin, TX

#43 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 435 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus and true friends are priceless.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

I am here in Austin and just got my Casita. Having alot of fun with it. Would like to maybe organize a get together with other CASITA owners

Ken Rodd
email: sgmken@aol.com

Hey guys, We live in Tyler, Tx and have a 1996 16' Casita. Honda Ridgeline RTL PU.
We purchased our Casita new in 1996 and have really enjoyed our trips. Our trailer
stays in a commercial storage facility out of the weather and still looks new.
We plan to go to Lake Fork this coming weekend. We stay at Hideaway Harbor and enjoy
staying there. It is right on the lake and well kept. Quiet place to stay...
We also go to Whispering Pines, Red Springs Tx and have been to Tyler, State Park many
times over the years. Casita's are small but, they are all we need. A good bed, and a place
to keep warm in the winter and keep cool in the summer. Weather is never a problem.
Hope you all enjoy you Casita's as much as we enjoy ours.
Ron and Linda
Tyler, Texas

#44 Bob Hunt #1006

Bob Hunt #1006
  • Casita Club Member
  • 653 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:#1006

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hi fellow Casita owners. Check Paul Stringer's post. He'd 100% right, you can' have a better time, or meet any better people than at the Bluebonnet Casita Fest (Rally). So.....get registered, hook-up, and head on over.
I'm sorry that I will miss it, but with continuing health problems and no Casita it's not possible.
Bob & Gayle Hunt #1006
(Usta Have)2000 Casita 17' SD
The Worlds 1st All Electric Casita
Founder: Texas Bluebonnet Casita Fest
Heritage Ranch, Fairview,TX
Garmin Nuvi 660 and Big Green Egg

#45 b-hannasch

b-hannasch
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' LD
  • Interests:Fishing all kinds,love trout and saltwater more! Camping and exploring mainly seeing anything new....

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi,

I am here in Austin and just got my Casita. Having alot of fun with it. Would like to maybe organize a get together with other CASITA owners

Ken Rodd
email: sgmken@aol.com

Hi, we are here in Spring/Woodlands area. Just got our egg and did get to go to Bluebonnet this year. Met some wonderful people and can't wait to get together again. Keep us in the loop, we would love to take a trip....Rob and Brenda