texas casita's

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 kenr

kenr
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 05:32 PM
  • Interests:I cook in Chili Cookoffs from Texas to Maryland to Florida and points in between.<br><br>I make neat flag poles for small RV's

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:09 PM

Hi,

I am here in Austin and just got my Casita. Having alot of fun with it. Would like to maybe organize a get together with other CASITA owners

Ken Rodd
email: sgmken@aol.com
Ken R
Texas
16' Casita

#2 rosietax

rosietax
  • Banned
  • 617 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:08 AM

Hi Ken;

There are 5 of us in Weatherford, TX.....and there are 4 of us in the LongHorn LOW'S (Loner's On Wheels) here in Fort Worth.

We would love to get together.....3 "eggs" are going to the monthly LongHorn campout in Granbury, TX., in 2 weeks and I will talk to them. Two of us "eggs" are caravaning to Eagle's Nest, NM, for two weeks this summer.

Do you have a freezer in your refrigerator? I have the Patriot, and have a solution (yes, it is big enough for me, a standard poodle pup, and a toy poodle---aka, the "girls.)

Rosie, and the "girls"
and the RosieEgg

#3 wayne & doris

wayne & doris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 128 posts
  • Local time: 08:32 PM
  • Interests:USN ret. ENC 22 years. 2cyl john deere

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:41 PM

:rofl: We just sold our pop-up last month. Have ordered our hatchling which will arrive about October 25th. We are about 125 miles from Rice. We live in the piney woods of East Texas. Would be interested in getting together with other Casitas. We have our Dodge pick-up gased up and ready to rock and roll.

wayne & doris
wayne & doris
piney woods east texas
2005 17 FD " SNIPE " cc#1508
2001 dodge 2500HD (360 gas 5/spd manual)
Americans by birth, Texans by the grace of God

#4 AUSTEX

AUSTEX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:10 AM

Hey there- recently acquired a 16' and loving it. Based out of Austin (for now). Planning on going to Port Aransas this weekend (Independence Day). btw- the stats- towing with a '01 ford expedition with the 5.4 liter V-8 with a sway bar. tows great except for a bit of toungue bouncing (bucking ?) the guy i bought it from put larger tires on it - think thats contributing?

#5 Rosand

Rosand
  • Casita Club Member
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

We're getting our 'egg' on October 27th. We'd also love to hook up with others in Texas. We live 30 minutes south of Austin. Also, we've got a lot of experience with the various Texas State Parks and can offer some advice and suggestions.
Rob and Gwen
and Molly our yellow lab
Texas Hill Country
08 17' LD
08 Tundra CrewMax

#6 pdstringer42

pdstringer42
  • Rally Organizer
  • 397 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 Liberty Deluxe 17'
  • Trailer Name:Eggstream
  • Casita Club Directory #:1329

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:28 AM

Hello, guys...

Your idea about a Casita get-together is great. However, y'all seem to be newbies or wannabees, so perhaps you have not heard of:

THE NATIONAL 2005 CASITA RALLY, requested by popular demand, will be in conjunction with The 2005 TEXAS BLUEBONNET CASITA RALLY, to be held APRIL 8TH, 9TH, AND 10TH, 2005, at The Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville, Tx.

I participated in the 2004 Texas Bluebonnett Casita Rally and enjoyed it immensely. Seeing the almost-eighty Casitas in one spot was very impressive. And meeting friendly people from -- literally -- New York to California was absolutely delightful. 2005 will be even better because the Texas rally will be in conjunction with the National.

So---Mark your calendars. I hope to meet you folks there.

You can find more information on this by going to the main menu of this site and looking under "Casita 'Fest' Forum."
Paul Stringer, "Host"
Crockett, Texas
Tow = "Eggstream-II" -- 2003 17' LD;
Tug = 2006 Tundra V6
Member# 1329

#7 Whippetgirl

Whippetgirl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:37 PM

WOW! I am so excited to see there is a group of Casita lovers in Texas! I am in North Texas and just bought my first Casita. It is a 1984 16 footer. Granted it is definitely a fixer upper but I hope to have it ship shape soon. It was sadly neglected in a pasture and needs some TLC. That would be so awesome to take it to the Rally next year! Is there a list or club just for Texas owners? Also any suggestions on how to restore the outside? It isn't bad but It could be better. Can you get replacement parts from the Casita place? Sorry for dumb questions buit I can't wait to get started!
Steph

#8 hamp&lynda

hamp&lynda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:We are retired Special Forces &amp; retired Paralegal (still work, Aerospace). Love to travel, hunt, fish, target shoot and watch and feed our yard deer and bunnies at home in the Texas Hill Country. Cooking gumbo is a favorite, as well as BBQ, etc. (Louisiana/Texas family influence). We are picking up our 17' SD in Oct 2004! Look forward to meeting ya'll. Our E mail: M26frag@starband.net

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:23 PM

Great to see posts from all you, "Us" Texans!

We will be picking up our new 17" SD on Thursday. We are from "The Hill Country", just a stone's throw away from Kerrville. We were driving through Kerrville last year on our way to Lake Buchannon when we noticed all those cute little Casitas driving by. They were everywhere!! I kept saying to Hamp, Oh look, there's another one. When we got home I looked up "Casita" on the Internet and that's when we decided that we just HAD to have one!

We drove to Rice shortly thereafter, fully believing that we were going to just hook one up and drive home with it right there and then. We had no idea that we had to wait for a "gestation" period! It's been tough, getting all excited and then having to wait so long. But now it's time...we'll be picking up our new baby egg soon!!

We can hardly wait to be part of the rally in Kerrville this coming April. In the meantime, hope to meet some of you folks....on the road, or whatever.

:D I just love this forum!

Lynda

#9 The Smiths

The Smiths
  • Casita Club Member
  • 12 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft Spirit Deluxe

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

We are in Dripping Springs near Austin and just got our new Casita last weekend. Planning a shake down trip to Blanco state park or on Canyon lake to make sure everything works well tomorrow. Taking off for Palo Duro Canyon and Ouray Colorado at the end of this month and early June. Towing with our 06 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Pleas likes this

#10 meanders

meanders
  • Casita Club Member
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:travel<br />biochemistry
  • Casita Club Directory #:2338

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

What color is your ridgeline--if it is white we could be mirror images!!
enjoy
meanders
meanders
Denton, Tx
Honda Ridgeline RT
2006 SD 17
Prodigy
Casita Club # 2338

#11 M and L

M and L
  • Casita Club Member
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:&quot;Pearl,&quot; 2000 SD 17'<br />06 Toyota 4 Runner

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

I am in Austin and my virgin trip will be camping in my backyard! I have not tested the A/C or any systems, yet, so this will be my chance.
Just got her a month ago. Been practicing backing up since then. ;-)
My first real outing will be to Palmetto SP June 8 weekend. There's a group called Texas Outdoor Woman Network in Austin (TOWN), some of whom have Casitas.
Hope to meet up with y'all some time.

M

Edited by M and L, 24 May 2007 - 01:41 PM.

"Pearl," 2000 SD 17'
06 Toyota 4 Runner

#12 SteveH

SteveH
  • Casita Club Member
  • 439 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 17' SD
  • Interests:Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Radio Control Aircraft, Kayaking, Photography, Travel

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hello Everyone,

We're new the forum, new (to us) Casita owners, and live North of San Antonio near Bulverde. Just bought a 2000 16' SD last week and have only towed it home. Been looking for one for about a year. It seems to be in decent shape, everything works, and we like it. Just wondering now where will be the first camping trip. Maybe a gathering of Casitas somewhere?

Steve
Regards,
Steve

#13 Tom Trostel

Tom Trostel
  • Casita Club Member
  • 316 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1980 Bigfoot 15B17G
  • Interests:Dutch oven cooking, 1965 Sunbeam Tiger, hiking, history

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:43 AM

Steve H,
Welcome. biggrin.gif Check out PineKnot in early October near Nacogdoches. Tom Trostel wink.gif
Tom & Martha Jo Trostel
Arlington, Texas
1973 Compact Junior &
1980 Bigfoot 17'

#14 SteveH

SteveH
  • Casita Club Member
  • 439 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 17' SD
  • Interests:Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Radio Control Aircraft, Kayaking, Photography, Travel

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Tom,

Thanks, and I'll do that. biggrin.gif
Regards,
Steve

#15 meanders

meanders
  • Casita Club Member
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:travel<br />biochemistry
  • Casita Club Directory #:2338

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

Camping!!
Paul-hope to make Pine Knot in Oct, but we have that work thing.
We are interested in weekend summer trips--will post later some upcoming plans in TX--Wineries, lake, etc.
Will post in a week or so.
meanders smile.gif
meanders
Denton, Tx
Honda Ridgeline RT
2006 SD 17
Prodigy
Casita Club # 2338