• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Buddy & Patty

Buddy & Patty
  • Casita Club Member
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 10:41 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Another good one is the one CAgal, Diane has. We got one of hers at the Green Egg and Ham rally in Camden Al a couple of weeks ago. She even installs it. Looks very nice and professional. She is a smart lady and real nice.

Patty

#17 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 2,464 posts
  • Local time: 07:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I didn't want my window covering to be in place all the time, just when needed. The material was trimmed off the bottom of my shower curtain which was much too long. It was a long time ago but I think I used a rectangular piece, wider than long, and gathered it at the top and bottom. Then laid it across the pre-painted embroidery hoop and slipped the outer hoop on, tightened some but not all the way. Then I just fiddled with it - A LOT - pulling it this way and that until it looked right and tightened the outside hoop to keep it in place. I trimmed off most of the extra material in back (sewed the gathers together from the back to keep them together), and added 2 eye-screws which just slip over the adjustable hooks on the suction cups. The curtain-hoop slips behind the pipe when not it use. Works pretty good.

Bathroom Window.jpg
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.