Catalina State Park

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 travlinbob

travlinbob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 687 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 PM
  • Interests:Family, travel, surfing the web, researching historical places and events, maps and charts, travel, cars, sailing, light sport aircraft and photography.
  • Casita Club Directory #:3005

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

Oh Eileen ya know I donít hate ya. I am just really envious. Here it is just fall but already starting to look like winter. Iím ready to move south, as I always am this time of year. The further the better. Sure looking forward to Dec. and Matagorda Madness. I really do hate winters in KS.

Thanks for all the nice photos though. It looks like you had a great time. Keep posting more from time to time to remind me what warm looks like.

Bob

Edited by travlinbob, 12 October 2009 - 07:55 PM.

09 C17SD "Rancho Casita", high lift axle, and 15" load range "D" Marathons
01 Chevy Blazer and 07 Trail Blazer

#17 crisbill

crisbill
  • Casita Club Member
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the pictures you have had a wonderful time in your Casita!!!! ( I went to the web site) Now we are ready to hitch up and go to Arizona....But we have to wait till Nov.

Does Catalina have electric? And is it up by Marana. We usually stay over in the mountain park area off Ajo Hwy.
cris

#18 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 06:47 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (crisbill @ Oct 19 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the pictures you have had a wonderful time in your Casita!!!! ( I went to the web site) Now we are ready to hitch up and go to Arizona....But we have to wait till Nov.

Does Catalina have electric? And is it up by Marana. We usually stay over in the mountain park area off Ajo Hwy.
cris

If you're heading to Tucson and Catalina, try to get there before Thanksgiving. That's when, they tell me, all of the snowbirds fill the park.

Yes, they have electric and water for $20 per night. They have three dumps.

No, it's not really near Marana. It's 12 miles east of there. If you're on I-10, exit at Tangerine Rd. and drive east for 12 miles. Turn right on Oracle Rd and left into the park.

Is it Gilbert-Ray campground you're referring to on Ajo Hwy?

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#19 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,396 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

Gilbert-Ray c.g is along Ajo highway. One turns NW at XX miles (don't have a map with me) onto the road towards the Saguaro monument and Sonoran Desert museum for perhaps five miles or so. Beautiful sonoran desert.

Campground is $20/night, including E, water nearby, max 7 days I'ts only three miles or so from the famed sonoran desert museum, a MUST visit. It's a once a year stop for me.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#20 Chris Z

Chris Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 788 posts
  • Local time: 10:47 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' SD

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

Would also like her back wall, but it's temporarily unavailable. She's trying to locate another source for the necessary rod.

Eileen
I have all 3 sides from RX and do really enjoy them. I got the 2 poles before they apparently discontinued. I just wanted to mention that years ago, when we had a canvas tent, some of the poles were adjustable. Seems I've seen some of these somewhere for sale. Nothing fancy, just need to jam in both ends.
In fact, I'm thinking a rope or a very long bungy cord from one side to the other might work just as well by tying to the awning case and the top of the leg.
Awning: I am using the tie-downs but not quite as instructed. I have them hooked to the top ends of the awning, then staked into the ground, as are
the bases of the awning legs

I do the same, her sewn-in anchors are nice but I'm afraid they will rip if I put too much pressure on them. I think she should've moved them up to the very top.
#2077 Louisville, Ky
2006 Black Chevy Suburban
2005 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

#21 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 06:47 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

Chris --

I may end up creating my own back sunshade and use your idea of a bungee cord, top and bottom. I'm still formulating how I'd put it together. I'm thinking I might use two pieces of sunshade material that would overlap a few inches (vertically) down the middle so I can have a pass-though. We'll see.

Probably take my sewing machine, the fabric, and maybe some grommets with me the next time I camp so I can design as I go. If all goes well, I'll take pictures. If it doesn't...well...it'll be a lesson on what not to do.

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com