1 reply to this topic

#1 rangerric

rangerric
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 11:14 PM
  • Interests:Fishing and Travel

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

I just received my new Honda EU2000I generator with hour meter extra. I assumed the meter was made for the generator, but alas, it must be generic for all Honda products. It has a grounding wire and a wire to attach to the spark plug wire. Will anyone who has attached one of these meters, help me with the proper procedure. Not very good instructions with the meter. Thanks!
Ranger Ric
Ranger Ric
2006 Liberty Deluxe
South Mississippi

#2 frosin

frosin
  • Casita Club Member
  • 671 posts
  • Local time: 10:14 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

Ric-

Here's the information that I got with mine. You basically just attach one wire to the spark plug wire and the other to ground anywhere on the generator.

I couldn't switch from hour meter to tachometer, so I called the place where I bought it. They said that the instructions were outdated. The "Mode" button is useless. When the generator is not running it shows the hours. When it is running it shows the engine speed.

I hope this helps.

Fred

Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, servicing air and oil filters, replacing spark plugs or cleaning cooling fins keeps equipment running efficiently. Autonnic's flashing Maintenance Alert Icons give owners and operators an automatic reminder to service equipment that is often neglected.

Icons blink for oil change, air filter cleaning and spark plug servicing!

The ARM-127 meter has been successfully tested and certified per SAE J1378 methods for shock, vibration and humidity. ARI's patented sensor secures easily to any spark plug wire and an optional tamper-proof sensor lock assures all usage is recorded.

meter2.gif (20421 bytes)
It's Clip-On Time!
(Two wire lead.) One to ground and other
clips-on spark plug wire.

ARM-127 Operator's & Usage Guide

Meter Display and Functions

Digital Display Total Usage (hours) or Engine Speed (RPM's)
Clock Meter is in Usage mode displaying total hours
RPM Meter is in Tachometer mode displaying RPM's
Oil Can Change/Check engine oil
Wrench General maintenance (see Owner's Manual)
Filter Change/Service air, oil, or pre-cleaner filters
Arrows Label indicates which filter(s) need(s) servicing

Meter Installation

1. Clip on the black plastic sensor over any convenient spark plug wire. Make sure the sensor is completely seated down on the spark plug wire so there is no air gap.

2. Attach the ground wire ring terminal to any convenient bare metal surface on the engine or frame. Typically an existing engine fastener or bolt can be used.

3. Rout the sensor lead wire and mount the meter. CAUTION: Keep the meter and wire away from EXTREMELY HOT engine surfaces. Extra lead wire can be coiled-up out of the way. See separate instructions for mounting meters double-sided tape.

4. Attach the sensor tamper-proof lock. (See separate instructions.)

Meter Operation

All meter functions are controlled by pressing the Mode Button which is located on the lower face of the meter.

Pressing the Mode Button at any time switches back and forth between Usage mode and Tachometer mode. Some meters are configured to stay in single mode and do not switch.

Pressing and holding the Mode Button for four (4) seconds clears flashing Maintenance Alert Icons.

Usage Meter Mode

The meter automatically senses whenever the engine is running and keeps track of the actual total accumulated hours of operation. The clock icon flashes at one second intervals to indicate the meter is counting in Usage Mode.

Total time is displayed in hours and tenths of an hour. Every six (6) minutes the smaller tenths digit increments.

Total engine usage always accumulates regardless whether the meter is in Tachometer Mode or Maintenance Alert Icons are Flashing.

After 9999.9 hours the meter restarts back to 0.0 hours.

Tachometer Meter Mode

Current engine speed is displayed in revolutions per minute (RPM) in increments of 20 RPM. The RPM icon stays on to indicate the meter is in Tachometer Mode.

RPM's up to 9999 are displayed on the four large digits. If RPM's exceed 10000 the smaller far right hand digit is also used.

Meters automatically switch from Tachometer Mode to Usage Mode when the engine is stopped and RPM's drop to zero.

Maintenance Alert Icons

The meter is programmed based on the recommended schedule of your engine and implement manufacturers. Check your Owner's Manual(s) for additional detailed maintenance information.

Maintenance Alert Icons flash when servicing is due, regardless of the mode the meter is in, Usage or Tachometer. After maintenance is completed, reset the flashing icons by PRESSING and HOLDING the Mode Button until the icon clears (takes approximately four (4) seconds).

FIRST ALERT: Servicing your new engine after the initial break-in is crucial. When a new engine has been broken-in ALL ICONS FLASH on the meter, Perform the maintenance specified in you Owner's Manual.

The Oil Can Icon indicates servicing is required on the crank case oil.

The Wrench Icon indicates general maintenance is required a prescribed in the Owner's Manual.

The Filter Icon is used in conjunction with arrows pointing to "AIR", "OIL" and/or "PRE" printed on the meter label to indicate servicing is required on the air filter, oil filter or air pre-cleaner. The arrows may point to other engine or implement maintenance events printed on the label.

Following the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule extends the performance and environmental compliance of the engine.

Meter Specifications And Options
Meter Size: Height = 1.44" Width = 2.21" Thick = 0.66"
Sensor: Clip-On type available
Sensor Lead: 3 feet
Display: 5-digit LCD Height = 0.86" Width = 1.40"
Icons: Clock, RPM, Maintenance Alerts and Arrows
Battery: Lithium cell with estimated life of up to 10 years
Temperature: Operating -37 to +80 C Storage -40 to +90 C
Ignition: All spark-ignited systems for single or multiple cylinder
Spark Pulse: Configured for 1 or 2 crankshaft revolutions per spark

Meter Mode Configuration
Single function Usage or Tachometer
Dual function Usage or Tachometer
Dual function Usage and Maintenance Alert Icons
Dual Function Tachometer and Maintenance Alert Icons
Multi-function Usage, Tachometer, and Maintenance Alert Icons

Manufacturers Product Warranty Information

Autonnic Research, Inc. ("Seller") extends a limited warranty against defects in material and workmanship as to its Maintenance ALert Meter (the Product) only to the original consumer purchaser for a period of 1 year or 2,000 hours, whichever occurs first. The Sensor component of the Product has a Lifetime warranty. Sellers exclusive obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement, in Seller's sole discretion, of any defective parts free of charge. In such case, the purchaser shall send the Product postage prepaid to: Autonnic Research Inc., 1076 Horizon Drive #5, Fairfield, CA, 94533-8200. Please do not return Product to implement manufacturer.

This warranty does not apply to the following: 1) Failure to follow any installation, assembly, safety or operating instructions provided about the Product. 2.) Any misuse, improper maintenance, neglect, vandalism, unauthorized repair or modifications of the Product. 3.) Use of the Product for other than normal and intended purposes.

THIS IS SELLER'S SOLE WARRANTY. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED ABOVE SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LENGTH OF SERVICE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SELLER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL ORAL WARRANTIES. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT AND / OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THAT ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Fred and Mary
'99 17' SD
2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
San Antonio, Texas

"The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends". Robert Earl Keen