• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 anvilmanco

anvilmanco
  • Casita Club Member
  • 118 posts
  • Local time: 06:51 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:None at the moment
  • Interests:Blacksmithing, Travel (with the Casita and wife), life, woodworking, and lots of other things.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1340

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:39 AM

I would like to find out who is in Colorado, or close by, that would like to get together once in a while for a weekend. I know of a couple of people already, but I would be happy to be a "gathering point" for information on this. I live in the Denver area and I would think we could get some folks together for good times within about a 3 hour drive maximum for anyone.

If any of you are interested, feel free to contact me as follows.

E Mail <williak@att.net>
Cell phone 303-870-3137
or
Forum posts here

Who knows, we might even warrant our own "slot" on this category. It could be called----Rocky Mountains, or something like that.

Thanks,

Keith Williams
Keith & Shirley Williams
No Trailer at the moment
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport (TRD)
Honda EU2000i Generator
More wishes than money!
Casita Directory # 1340 - Aurora, Colorado

#2 Colorado

Colorado
  • Casita Club Member
  • 55 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 PM

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:17 AM

Saw your post and agree about getting together here in the mountains. We are on Hwy 103 just out of Idaho Springs. -- Walt & Marka Weiss (retired teachers) 303-567-2107.
Walt & Marka
2000 17'FD (Cassie)
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
Rocky Mountains

#3 anvilmanco

anvilmanco
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Blacksmithing, Travel (with the Casita and wife), life, woodworking, and lots of other things.

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

:danc:
Hi Walt and Marka,

I'm glad someone finally replied to this post. In fact, I got a Cell phone call from a fellow up in Craig, yesterday and he called because of the post.

We are in Scottsdale, AZ this week. it hit 109 today but we don't mind. We didn't bring the Egg or the Dog this trip and we miss both. But, I am retiring at the end of August and we'll be doing a lot of road trips for several months and are really looking forward to it.

We are anxious to meet you both and will be in touch when we get home next week.

We've met another couple from Mead, CO from the forum and have camped with them this year. They are very nice folks too.

Maybe all of us can get together this year.

Regards,

Keith and Shirley
Keith & Shirley Williams
No Trailer at the moment
Honda EU2000i Generator
More wishes than money!

#4 hotrodharv

hotrodharv
  • Casita Club Member
  • 93 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 PM
  • Interests:Street Rods, Camping, Touring the country in our Casita<br>and going to Carshows with our 36 Chevrolet Streetrod.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1187

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

Hi Everyone, I am the fellow from Craig. We are new to the Casita world. We previously owned a Scamp and upgraded to our Casita this spring. The reason for the change was the head room. I am 6ft.2in. and the headroom in the scamp was 5ft. 10in. The new Casita has 6ft. 3in. of room. We mostly take the Casita to carshows around the country. We will be leaving the 29th for a show in Pocatello, ID. and then to West Yellowstone Mt. for a show the following weekend. After that we will have another week to explore the mountians of WY. and UT. before returning home on the 15th of Aug. See you down the road. Harv. :rofl:

#5 anvilmanco

anvilmanco
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:44 PM

:lol:

Howdy all,

I lurk here now and then but today I want to add a note. There were 4 Casitas that camped together a couple of weeks ago up in a beautiful area North West of Ft Collins, Colorado. We were at the TUNNEL National Forest campground in the Lodgepole pines. It was magnificent. Thank you Clinks and Sandy and Sue for inviting Joel and Us.

I would suggest that we develop a list of area Casita folk who would like to be on an E Mail list for events, dinners in the Winter, and various other spontaneous get togethers.

How would you all feel comfortable putting an E Mail list together? I don't know about you but the Private E Mails through Forums are OK once in a while, but I would rather work directly with my E Mail. Maybe we could use the PM's to get it started.

Now let's see if anyone else "lurks" here.

I just went back and looked and I see I already put my contact info here. Feel free to use it for a list. I'll volunteer to get it started.

Bye,

EKW
Keith & Shirley Williams
No Trailer at the moment
Honda EU2000i Generator
More wishes than money!

#6 Wendell/Linda

Wendell/Linda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1348

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:56 AM

Hi everyone, Linda and I are new to the Casita world, and vary interested in meeting people in the Rocky Mountain area. We live close to 120th and York in Thornton, Co. I think it is a great idea to start a Rocky Mountain club of sorts. My e-mail address is WDStahl@msn.com

Looking foward in meeting you all,

Wendell and Linda
Wendell/LaDean (mini Schnauzer SayDee)

2006 Lexus RX 400h
Rocky Mountain Area (Denver)
Casita # 1348

#7 twoclinks

twoclinks
  • Guests
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Camping &amp; riding ATV's in the mountains.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1298

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:26 PM

Hi Windle & Linda,

Welcome to the Casita Club. Sandy & I (twoclinks) live up in Mead, CO. We have really enjoyed camping with others in the front range. Keeping it fun and unorganized. It is more of an open invitation from anyone going camping. We usually have dinner together and enjoy a good evening campfire afterwards. We try to camp on weekends in national forest campgrounds or forest lands on the eastern slope. Guess some of us have camped together three times this year. We hope to get in one more before winter. We will let you know ahead of our next rendezvous.

Attached Images

• dinner_1.jpg

David & Sandy Clinkenbeard
Mead, Colorado
'03 17' SD "Double-Yolked" #1298

#8 The Vintage Idiot

The Vintage Idiot
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:49 AM

Hello from Fruita Colorado, home of Mike the Headless Chicken. :o We are located on the Western Slope of Colorado and will be picking up our Casita on Monday 9/20/04 in Rice. We too would be interested in future get togethers. We enjoy the desert and the high country and there are are fellow casitaians over here that would also be interested. It's getting soooooooooooo close now. We have two airedales that are our family. Do you folks allow well behaved dogs on your outings? Until then - Mack and Annie - The Vintage Idiots.

#9 Barb C

Barb C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:dogs, photography, fishing, travel/camping, and last but definitely not least Jesus!

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

Hi Keith!

We will be in Highlands Ranch for about a week visiting my sister. We will be picking up our '01 Casita on the way to CO. We know nothing about them, and maybe could use some pointers. Maybe you are close enough to drop by some evening to kind of show us the ropes with this little egg? Although we have had several TT's before, this is the first one that has a bathroom/shower and so I think we may have a few things to learn about how to handle all the things that go with it.

I am sure that you could also give us other pointers. Would you mind?

We will be arriving at my sister's on the 19th, and then heading to S. Dakota area on the 26th or 27th.

Barb & Joe
Barb & Joe, the humans
Kiva & Boomer, the Poodles
Kiva's site http://pwdohio.tripod.com/
Photos http://www.flickr.co...s/17831868@N00/
2001 16' SD The "Ova"
2004 Kia Sorento V6, 3.5 L, 3,500 tow capacity,
4.666:1 drive ratio, Prodigy brake controller, sway bar
Southwest Ohio

#10 Barb C

Barb C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:dogs, photography, fishing, travel/camping, and last but definitely not least Jesus!

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

Oh well, I found out that Aurora is rather far from Denver/Highlands Ranch...so best forget that idea!

Barb
Barb & Joe, the humans
Kiva & Boomer, the Poodles
Kiva's site http://pwdohio.tripod.com/
Photos http://www.flickr.co...s/17831868@N00/
2001 16' SD The "Ova"
2004 Kia Sorento V6, 3.5 L, 3,500 tow capacity,
4.666:1 drive ratio, Prodigy brake controller, sway bar
Southwest Ohio

#11 hotrodharv

hotrodharv
  • Casita Club Member
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Street Rods, Camping, Touring the country in our Casita<br>and going to Carshows with our 36 Chevrolet Streetrod.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1187

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:08 PM

:rofl:

Hello from Craig. I am the (guy) from Craig. We would love to have a Colo. group get together. If someone wants we should compile an e-mail list and keep everyone up to date on our travel plans , so that if possible we could have an impromptu gathering. We will be in Glenwood Springs on the 18th of Sept. for carshow at the ford dealership. Harv in Colo. :o

#12 Laura Grantham

Laura Grantham
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hello, I just saw "Rocky Mountain hello" wanted to add my name to the group. I live in Houston in the winter, but will be heading to Estes Park around June 1 for the summer. There are two couples in Estes that have new Casitas. I would love to hear about any "get-togethers". I know Joel from the last two years at Bluebonnet. Please put me on any information up-dates and I will check for any news. Thanks, Laura Grantham

#13 Wendell/Linda

Wendell/Linda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1348

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:52 PM

[QUOTE][quote name='Laura Grantham' date='May 9 2005, 03:03 PM']
Hello, I just saw "Rocky Mountain hello" wanted to add my name to the group. I live in Houston in the winter, but will be heading to Estes Park around June 1 for the summer. There are two couples in Estes that have new Casitas. I would love to hear about any "get-togethers". I know Joel from the last two years at Bluebonnet. Please put me on any information up-dates and I will check for any news. Thanks, Laura Grantham

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Wendell/LaDean (mini Schnauzer SayDee)

2006 Lexus RX 400h
Rocky Mountain Area (Denver)
Casita # 1348

#14 twoclinks

twoclinks
  • Guests
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Camping &amp; riding ATV's in the mountains.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1298

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

Hello To All Colorado Rocky Mountain Casitas and F/G Owners,

We are still a small informal group who enjoys an occassional campout up in national forest campgrounds, forest lands, and parks. Staying small and unorganized to lessen the impack in the area. We generally rendezvous on weekends. (Some still work full time) Meeting on the eastern slope, central to the majority, keeping travel time and expenses to a minimum. We don't have anything planned soon that I know of. There is still snow and many closed campgrounds @ 8000' and above. And more snow is in the forecast this week. I will get the word out through the Casita "get together" forum when I hear of a rendzvous. Infact... if you want others to join you, please send an open invitation and see who shows up. I hope to meet and camp with other Casita or F/G owners
this year in the Rockies.
David & Sandy Clinkenbeard
Mead, Colorado
'03 17' SD "Double-Yolked" #1298

#15 anvilmanco

anvilmanco
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:46 AM

Hello To All Colorado Rocky Mountain Casitas and F/G Owners,

We are still a small informal group who enjoys an occassional campout up in national forest campgrounds, forest lands, and parks. Staying small and unorganized to lessen the impack in the area. We generally rendezvous on weekends. (Some still work full time) Meeting on the eastern slope, central to the majority, keeping travel time and expenses to a minimum. We don't have anything planned soon that I know of. There is still snow and many closed campgrounds @ 8000' and above. And more snow is in the forecast this week. I will get the word out through the Casita "get together" forum when I hear of a rendzvous. Infact... if you want others to join you, please send an open invitation and see who shows up. I hope to meet and camp with other Casita or F/G owners
this year in the Rockies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Clinks and all. Shirley and I are still here. It's been rather crazy of late with me having another Heart attack about a month ago but I'm doing really well now and hopeful of a much better future.

We still have a plan to meet up in the Dillon Colorado area in August. Joel and I had put some plans together for that. I'll try to add Laura and Wendell and Linda to the E mail list I put together and in the next few days put out an update for that. David, I'll give you a call soon to discuss this.

Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

Keith
Keith & Shirley Williams
No Trailer at the moment
Honda EU2000i Generator
More wishes than money!