Photo

Florida Gatherings? Why Can't there be More?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Bill & Karen

Bill & Karen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,688 posts
  • Local time: 12:02 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD Inneggsisle
  • Interests:kids and grand kids
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows
  • Casita Club Directory #:1193

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

You are tempting me, Shorty. Thing is I will be in Yellowstone late in June and flying home on June 30 I think. Would be a real bit of fast moving to get my stuff sorted out and the trailer packed to go on the road that fast! Will have to think about it.

Huevo Movil, I just did a quick check of Reserve America for Topsail Hill for the period of July 1 - 6 and there appears to be no sites available and the following couple of weeks there are only very few sites available.
Randy

Hi Randy, thanks for the research. Can we all agree upon the dates, 1 - 6 Jul 11, and then we can start looking for a park? If not mistaken there are quite a few in the Northwest District? I have not been to the others so I can not comment on the facilities/quality. Thoughts/comments?

We may have a real problem over the 4th of July weekend. Probably the busiest weekend of the summer. Later in July would probably offer more likelyhood of finding enough spaces.
Randy

Huevo Movil, another consideration is Topsail Hill is $42.00 per night while most Florida Parks are $22.00 or under per night.
Randy

Hi everyone, Topsail is one of our favorites but for out of staters or those younger than 65 it can be very expensive. we love Floridas' state parks and Topsail is tops. the only reason we go there is at 1/2 price it is affordable, and it is tops. The story we heard was, it was a private RV resort and the when it went up for sale the state bought it to keep the pristine place condominium free I guess the only way they could justify buying it was to charge what it was when it was private. There are many state parks in NW Fl. that are really nice, if you like beachy ones there is Grayton Beach, Henderson Beach, Navarre Beach, and you can check these out online www.FloridaStateParks.org This could work for us, we usually take a long trip in the summer but we're holding off till the end of August so we can go North and follow the leaves back south. DW is away right now but I'll be joining her (casiterless) tomorrow and mention it.

Bill & Karen Sarasota, Fl. Love being Inneggsile

#32 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts
  • Local time: 11:02 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:None att :-(
  • Casita Club Directory #:3089

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

You are tempting me, Shorty. Thing is I will be in Yellowstone late in June and flying home on June 30 I think. Would be a real bit of fast moving to get my stuff sorted out and the trailer packed to go on the road that fast! Will have to think about it.

Huevo Movil, I just did a quick check of Reserve America for Topsail Hill for the period of July 1 - 6 and there appears to be no sites available and the following couple of weeks there are only very few sites available.
Randy

Et al., I just wanted to put a mark on the wall with regards to time and place in an effort to get the ball moving forward. Later in July is fine and so is a diffrent venue... Personally, as a working stiff I just need to get the time (e.g. dates) solidified so I can plan around work... :-( Thoughts?

Hi Randy, thanks for the research. Can we all agree upon the dates, 1 - 6 Jul 11, and then we can start looking for a park? If not mistaken there are quite a few in the Northwest District? I have not been to the others so I can not comment on the facilities/quality. Thoughts/comments?

We may have a real problem over the 4th of July weekend. Probably the busiest weekend of the summer. Later in July would probably offer more likelyhood of finding enough spaces.
Randy

Huevo Movil, another consideration is Topsail Hill is $42.00 per night while most Florida Parks are $22.00 or under per night.
Randy

Live well, life is very good!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular,  "Big Edna II"  :D

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
2007 Casita 17' FD - (R/V Huevo Movil - RIP - Died on I-75)
2006 Casita 17' SD - (Sold, but not forgotten!)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#33 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

Randy

Et al., I just wanted to put a mark on the wall with regards to time and place in an effort to get the ball moving forward. Later in July is fine and so is a diffrent venue... Personally, as a working stiff I just need to get the time (e.g. dates) solidified so I can plan around work... :-( Thoughts?

Randy

Randy

I think I goffed on this post???? :blink: Any way, I just wanted to put a mark on the wall with regards to time and place in an effort to get the ball moving forward. Later in July is fine and so is a diffrent venue... :D Personally, as a working stiff I just need to get the time (e.g. dates) solidified so I can plan around work... :huh: Thoughts?

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#34 labcdef

labcdef
  • Casita Club Member
  • 105 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 Liberty Deluxe

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Huevo Movil, and the effort is appreciated. I wasn't trying to be a pain either so we will work together for the benefit of all. And I was thinking that if we looked for something a bit further into Florida we might get more interest from some of those down in the state further.
thanks, Randy
Martha & Randy Way
LaBelle, Fl
2011 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17'
TV Ford F150 SuperCrew

#35 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

Huevo Movil, and the effort is appreciated. I wasn't trying to be a pain either so we will work together for the benefit of all. And I was thinking that if we looked for something a bit further into Florida we might get more interest from some of those down in the state further.
thanks, Randy

Randy, no harm, no foul my friend! ;) I look forward to collaborating on this project with you and others. :) I am not very experienced with the Florida topography so I will acquiesce to others with better knowledge of same. On a personal note, I would like to visit the state in July this year as I have some work down time scheduled during that month. If I don't find something to do during this period, the "Commander In Chief of the House" will!!! :rofl: Let me know what I can do to help. Until then I'll take a knee.
Respectfully, Shorty sends...

Edited by Huevo Movil, 04 March 2011 - 07:38 AM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#36 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

Hello, anybody home? :unsure:

Is the flame still burning for a Florida event in the near future? :huh:

All we need is a date, then a place... ;)

Hope all is well? :unsure:

Shorty sends... :D

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#37 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi Shorty, I'm still interested in something in FL, but the way my schedule is going I'll leave it to others to pick some dates and then hope I am around. Westiemom is here and we are doing mods to her Casita and van.
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#38 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:52 AM

Hi Shorty, I'm still interested in something in FL, but the way my schedule is going I'll leave it to others to pick some dates and then hope I am around. Westiemom is here and we are doing mods to her Casita and van.

Hello Ladies. Hope all is well? I'll go ahead and post some dates and hopefully interest will develop... I’m not trying to run the show here, but certainly identification of dates is the first step, no? :unsure:

Since the last trip, I've picked up the fever, and want to get to an event or at least go out once every month, if not every other month... Life is too short to not enjoy it. Solidifying that comment is the fact that a great American, dear friend and colleague passed on to the other side 10 months after retirement from serving 29 years in the US Army. To top that he was only 48 years old. Not good. :( He was interned in Arlington National Cemetery in the company of other warriors and he is finally home. Very impressive ceremony, driving home the point that freedom is not free, and that are time here on earth is limited. ;)

I’ll check my sched this morning and post some dates out there. I’m thinking about something in a COE park perhaps in the central pan handle of Florida or LA (lower Alabama) your thoughts please?

Anyone with any potential locational information please feel free to post it on the thread.

God bless you all. Shorty sends… :D

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#39 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

Good day all. How about having a very, very, very informal “Easter Week Egg Round Up” during 18 – 22 April 2011 (e.g. Monday through Friday)? I know it’s kinda short timing but… I think we can pull this off. :rolleyes:

As promised the proposed dates are out there and here are three (3) site suggestions.

1. WHITE OAK (CREEK) CAMPGROUND (AL), WALTER F GEORGE LA, AL (COE site)
http://www.recreatio...SO&parkId=71498

2. AMITY (AL), WEST POINT PROJECT, AL (COE site)
http://www.recreatio...SO&parkId=71005

3. Conecuh National Forest, No reservations accepted. Nice place but I would not want to chance it.

Personally, it is only going to take commitment from one (1) "Egg" for me to jump out of the carton and start rolling down the road. :rofl2: I hope others feel the same way. ;)

Sites are plentiful att, but I would like to act fast to ensure prime site selections.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed as well as any potential experience at either of the suggested sites.

Hope to see ya soon. Shorty sends... :D

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#40 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

I'm heading to the Fiberglass rv rally in TN in mid April then have to be in NJ by the 22nd, then will head home so I'll have to miss any rally around Easter. I hope some others respond positively.
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#41 Harry & Jo Hitchman

Harry & Jo Hitchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 71 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:19' Airstream Bambi SE

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

Shorty, Would like to be able to participate, but we are leaving on the 20th for New Jersey to visit relatives. Hope we can catch another.

Harry H :lol2:
H Hitchman
2006 Tacoma
2006 Airstream 19' SE

#42 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

I should have checked dates on all of the other sites before posting. Always learning.

Be safe and travel safe.

Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#43 Ed/Helen Pensacola

Ed/Helen Pensacola
  • Casita Club Member
  • 59 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:16' Spirit Delux

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Look at Ft Pickens National Seashore at Pensacola Beach. They have a lot of camp sites and if you are a senior, it is really cheap if you have a Passport Card

#44 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

Look at Ft Pickens National Seashore at Pensacola Beach. They have a lot of camp sites and if you are a senior, it is really cheap if you have a Passport Card

Ed, thanks for the info! Will do.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#45 highwayfl

highwayfl
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Long distance hiking, backpacking, seeing what is out there so as to lessen the regrets of mark Twain, plus sea kayak touring, kayak fishing the salt water flats and surf fishing, accumulating memories now, while I can, to remember later, when I cannot.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

Any "summer" ralleys, gathering in Florida this year? Its scallop gathering season on the west coast of Florida, in the clear, shallow, grass beds of the Gulf-a good excuse to have one?
'00 Casita, 16' SD 3936 - "Motel One"
'02 Jeep Wrangler, Straight 6, 4.0 L, 4WD, 5-speed
Pulling the Egglet with Aplomb!