• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Christi V

Christi V
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 02:54 PM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

Is there going to be another meet in the plans for next spring or fall?

Taidnapam has a great group site..

http://www.camis.com...aps.asp?map=173

I have in the past gone for sunday drives to seek out parks and group sites.... another one is at Bud Allen Park
Area D is good for a small group..... then i see acouple of other group sites i havent actually seen ..

http://www.lcpud.org...d Site Map3.JPG

Bud Allen only has a short season for camping May 16th -Sept 7th.

Theres always back to Grayland ( my favorate)

There is a new RV resort called Silver Cove.... its nice.. but i found their price sortta expensive
http://www.silvercoveresort.com

#2 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,116 posts
  • Local time: 01:54 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

I'm sure we'll conjure up another WA get together. The floor is open to suggestions for a venue. Someone at the first one suggested that if we do a spring rally, to maybe consider going east of the mountains, which may hedge our bets for good weather. I'm inclined to agree that it might be a prudent suggestion considering our unsettled weather patterns on the west side during the spring season. So folks, let's hear some ideas!
I know that a lot of people don't care where we go, as any excuse to get away is good enough, but this is really OUR cruise, not my cruise. Let's get some good ideas going and perhaps a little bit about why you feel it would be a good place to go.
Greg

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Super Dooper Deluxe

2016 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab 5.8L V-8, 4X4

2004 Nissan Frontier, Crew Cab, V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

#3 pragmatic

pragmatic
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

Lake Wentachee State Park has nice facilities, is close to Leavenworth (a nice diversion), and on the dry east side. The elevation is about 2200 feet so it can be cool in the spring. Lots of hiking, biking around the area and the lake is great for canoes or kayaks.

#4 MichaelT

MichaelT
  • Casita Club Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

We spent 4 days at Lake Wenatchee SP in September - very nice and quiet. Fish Lake just a couple miles away for those who like to drop a line. There's a north and a south campground - we liked the north best.
Michael and Mary
Cashmere WA
2008 Spirit Delux
1999 Dodge Caravan

#5 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

OK, it's officially on. The second annual Washington State get together will be at Taidnapum Park, (operated by Tacoma Power).
Dates are: weekend of June 5,6, & 7, 2009. Lots of folks already making reservations, so don't wait too long if your interested in attending.

More info is available on the Lightweight Molded Fiberglass RV site. Check it out if you're interested.

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

Casita Club # 2754

#6 Jim & Carol

Jim & Carol
  • Casita Club Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Nov 16 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, it's officially on. The second annual Washington State get together will be at Taidnapum Park, (operated by Tacoma Power).
Dates are: weekend of June 5,6, & 7, 2009. Lots of folks already making reservations, so don't wait too long if your interested in attending.

More info is available on the Lightweight Molded Fiberglass RV site. Check it out if you're interested.

I have never been to this park and wonder if there are any preferred sites in general or sitees that are best for this event. I looked at the RV site and looks like people are staying in sites 21-35 so far. Best just to pick a site in that area?

Jim
2005 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
2005 Tundra 4x4

#7 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

Jim & Carol,

Taidnapum Park is set up for three main areas at present:

Sites 1-52 are in the general area which most of us have already reserved sites in. These sites have more separation and seclusion which appeals to most.

The group site (53-74) appears to be too "open" and most people prefer a little site separation, myself included. It appears to be just a gravel parking lot with closely spaced hose bibs and power outlets. Not too aesthetically pleasing by all accounts, and certainly not the type of site I'd drive three hours to spend time in.

The area comprising sites 100-292 is currently under construction and it isn't clear as to whether they'll be open for business by the time we descend on the place.

Sites with the "missing numbers" from the above list are tent sites, so are also not what we're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Greg

PS If you click on individual sites, you can also view a couple of photos of the site...a nice feature I think.

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

Casita Club # 2754

#8 Jim & Carol

Jim & Carol
  • Casita Club Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Greg,
Thanks for the info. I will revisit the fiberglass RV site for any further info since that appears to be the place where the main coordination for this is happening.
Jim
2005 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
2005 Tundra 4x4

#9 Possum

Possum
  • Casita Club Member
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

June 10-12 2011 Taidnapum Park Washington Fiberglass RV Rally
More information http://tinyurl.com/4kvtqld
Kim & Luanna
2010 17' Spirit Deluxe
Seattle

#10 Dale G

Dale G
  • Casita Club Member
  • 33 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:1548

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

June 10-12 2011 Taidnapum Park Washington Fiberglass RV Rally
More information http://tinyurl.com/4kvtqld

Possum, saw your message about the NW Casita Club Meet (?) on Jun 10-12, 2011, at Taidnapam on the URL you provided and signed up (Site #210). While we've been members of the Casita Club since 2005, we have not had an opportunity to attend a regional meet before so we are looking forward to it. Please let Greg know we'll be there as well since it appears he is tallying the attendance roster. I signed up for membership in the fiberglassRV.com site, but evidently do not have 'reply' rights yet.

Thanks,

Dale & Rosina
Dale

2005 17' Casita SD
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee