• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 smooth60

smooth60
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 10:29 PM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:41 AM

HI ALL I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE TO PURCHASE A MATTRESS FOR A 17-FT CASITA THANKS DAVID

#2 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,856 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Southern Mattress

http://www.southernm...log/casita.html

Edited by ArizonaEileen, 10 August 2008 - 09:43 AM.

07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#3 Cookiegirl

Cookiegirl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy music festivals, camping, meeting old and new friends. Went to first rally-Bluebonnet 2010-enjoyed it. I play the mountain dulcimer and we go to several festivals a year. Also I like to knit, read, quilt and sew. We have 2 trailers, a 36 foot and a Casita and like to them both. Like to travel.

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (smooth60 @ Aug 10 2008, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI ALL I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE TO PURCHASE A MATTRESS FOR A 17-FT CASITA THANKS DAVID

#4 Cookiegirl

Cookiegirl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:We enjoy music festivals, camping, meeting old and new friends. Went to first rally-Bluebonnet 2010-enjoyed it. I play the mountain dulcimer and we go to several festivals a year. Also I like to knit, read, quilt and sew. We have 2 trailers, a 36 foot and a Casita and like to them both. Like to travel.

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (smooth60 @ Aug 10 2008, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#5 Cookiegirl

Cookiegirl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hello, I'm a new member and having a hard time trying to figure out how to leave a reply. Hope this is the right way. David if you will look on the forums you will find several posts on different types and ways to go on mattresses.
We're also trying to decide on one for our new to us 16 ft. Casita. Whether to go with the 4 inch Canopy at Walmart that is full bed (size 50" x72") with 1 1/2" memory foam and 2 1/2" of rubber foam. Or a 3" memory foam from Sam's (size 54" x 75").
We've been told the 16 ft. bed is 48" wide and the 17 ft. bed is 52" wide. For those of you who have the smaller bed how comfortable is it for 2 people? smile.gif smile.gif

#6 CHThursday

CHThursday
  • Casita Club Member
  • 371 posts
  • Local time: 12:29 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe / 17 ft.
  • Interests:Chuck Wagon cooking, travel, stereo photography
  • Casita Club Directory #:1714

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

Many have bought the custom mattress that fits the Caasita from Southern Mattress. Others have used memory foam. Some, like myself, have used futton mattresses. I got mine from cottonwoodfutons.com. Prices range from less than $100.00 to close to $1000.00. Mine has 350 pocketed coil springs with felt and foam. Some are happy with the cushions.
Not much of an answer but it gives you an idea of the mattresses that are being used.
Bruce
Out in West TEXAS -"200 miles from anywhere"
2004 17' SD "RoadHippo"
2004 Mitsubishi FUSO
FG639 4X4

#7 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,359 posts
  • Local time: 01:29 AM
  • Interests:Sunshades now in a Blue-Grey color
  • Casita Club Directory #:1021

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

Call Linda at Southern Mattress 1-800-227-8701 Located in Rocky Mount NC so you can go pick it up.

Ordered mine back in 01 and still sleeps better than our home mattress. The very best sleeping comfort you can get in my opinion.

Attached Images

• southern_mattress.jpg

Edited by RX, 10 August 2008 - 06:26 PM.

Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Casita 2005 Freedom Deluxe
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades
Sunsahde items now made in Blue-Gray
http://community.web.../user/casitamom

#8 ksgleghorn

ksgleghorn
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

We actually bought a foam-encased mattress from a furniture store. It's more comfortable than our mattress at home and wasn't expensive. Because it was foam-encased we can get it to fit perfectly. It's just a full size mattress, but you have to make sure it has foam around the edges and not wire. That's the reason it fit. We looked like idiots getting it in there, but when it went in, it fit like a glove.

I haven't found anyone else on the forum who has used a regular mattress. If you want the name brand, I'll have to look with my papers. Let me know if you would like to have it. You can e-mail me directly by clicking on my name on your post area.

Hope this helps. We couldn't be happier.

Steph
Kyle & Steph
El Dorado, AR
17' SD
Factory Pick-Up
01/25/07
'98 Ford Ranger
4.0 L V-6
Finally the perfect camper!

#9 Barb C

Barb C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:dogs, photography, fishing, travel/camping, and last but definitely not least Jesus!

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (RX @ Aug 10 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call Linda at Southern Mattress 1-800-227-8701 Located in Rocky Mount NC so you can go pick it up.

Ordered mine back in 01 and still sleeps better than our home mattress. The very best sleeping comfort you can get in my opinion.

We bought our Southern Mattress several years ago and basically it stays on my side of our king bed in the bedroom until we are ready to go on a trip, then it gets hauled out into the camper the morning we leave. It is the best sleep I have had in a long time, can't do w/o it. It looks really odd on our bed because it is cut rounded for the camper, but who cares? I should have ordered one specifically for our bed before they raised the price!
Barb & Joe, the humans
Kiva & Boomer, the Poodles
Kiva's site http://pwdohio.tripod.com/
Photos http://www.flickr.co...s/17831868@N00/
2001 16' SD The "Ova"
2004 Kia Sorento V6, 3.5 L, 3,500 tow capacity,
4.666:1 drive ratio, Prodigy brake controller, sway bar
Southwest Ohio

#10 Jimmie and Kay

Jimmie and Kay
  • Removed
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

Several people have already said "Southern Mattress" we will ditto their responses. We had one in our 16' and loved it, so when we purchased our 17', there was no question about which mattress we would choose. We love it just as much as the one in the 16'. Sure would be nice if Casita would start offering a permanent bed with this wonderful mattress as an option.

#11 Chris Z

Chris Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 788 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' SD

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:02 AM

Just wondering what Southern Mattress uses. Anybody know? Bowles Mattress across the river from us, said they'd make one for us. Sounded like it would be near $400 but I wasn't sure of the guts inside yet (and haven't dug up the money either).
bowlesmattress.com

#2077 Louisville, Ky
2006 Black Chevy Suburban
2005 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

#12 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,359 posts
  • Interests:Sunshades now in a Blue-Grey color
  • Casita Club Directory #:1021

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

Not sure what they use but do know it has three different levels of foam in it with a quilted topper. If you head to the beach again you can stop by there a they will make it as you wait, even give you hook up for the night. We have had ours from when we had the 01 and put it in our 05 and still is perfect. FYI: Not affiliated with the company, only located in our town.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Casita 2005 Freedom Deluxe
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades
Sunsahde items now made in Blue-Gray
http://community.web.../user/casitamom

#13 ksgleghorn

ksgleghorn
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

Look at my new post about a mattress from a furniture store before you buy one of these. I just finished posting it. It would be a new post

Steph
Kyle & Steph
El Dorado, AR
17' SD
Factory Pick-Up
01/25/07
'98 Ford Ranger
4.0 L V-6
Finally the perfect camper!

#14 Barb C

Barb C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:dogs, photography, fishing, travel/camping, and last but definitely not least Jesus!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

I just found this for those who are in or near Ohio. They build custom mattresses to fit campers also!
http://www.sleeptite...essfactory.com/

Barb & Joe, the humans
Kiva & Boomer, the Poodles
Kiva's site http://pwdohio.tripod.com/
Photos http://www.flickr.co...s/17831868@N00/
2001 16' SD The "Ova"
2004 Kia Sorento V6, 3.5 L, 3,500 tow capacity,
4.666:1 drive ratio, Prodigy brake controller, sway bar
Southwest Ohio

#15 lonlawrence

lonlawrence
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (smooth60 @ Aug 10 2008, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We looked at the SouthernMattress, but hated to get used to a new style mattress, so we ordered a new Boyd Memory Foam (think Tempurpedic... but the actual Tempurpedic one was too hard for us after a two-week trial). While the SouthernMattress comes already fitted to the Casita with round corners, I have to use a large bread knife and cut the corners to match the Casita with the Boyd, but we sleep on a Boyd at home and wanted the same sleep comfort in the camper. We have made too many expensive mattress mistakes in the past to be trying another brand of mattress.
Lon
oneranger at mac.com