Photo

WA State get-together, Any interest in creating one?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#16 lindale

lindale
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 08:48 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

And many of the six are two people so you may actually have 12 people. I think if you were to set a date more would be able to commit and if you put it on another site too, you would get scamps and others who would be interrested too. Gatherings are growing fast once started so be brave and pick a weekend and a site and see what happens. You might really be suprised.

#17 Laura&Rick

Laura&Rick
  • Casita Club Member
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 09:48 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:2865

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

Gerg,

Glad you are back. Wish we could meet up at the Oregon events, but the date’s conflict with our schedule.

Here's our route to Rice and back. Left Silverdale and headed to Kennewick, WA after a long stop over in Bellevue to see family. Then to Caldwell, ID and Ogden UT. Due to all tornadoes, we elected to not go to Wyoming and Colorado as originally planned. Instead we headed south to Cedar City. UT. From there, we headed over highway 14 (beautiful drive) to Flagstaff, AZ. Then Albuquerque, NM and Lubbock, TX. Finally to Rice/Corsicana. Due to the change route, there were some added miles, which meant that we had to change our pick-up date. The next available time was 2 days latter than the original date.

We decided to head for home and defer the California/Oregon sigh seeing. We basically took the same route back as we came down on. All-in-all, a 5,200 trip.

BTW, our Nav system was great! It guided us to all the motels on the way down and all the camping spots coming home.

Our younger son has been already adding to the trailer. He and his wife will be taking the Casita so Staircase NP for the 4th of July.

May we can get together in late July or August??

Rick
Laura & Rick, Silverdale WA
No More '08 17' SD "Meggie"
Now '10 19' Escape
08 Highlander

#18 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 402 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

Laura & Rick;
It sounds like something we can do. Since I'm retired, I'll let you guys pick a date and we'll see, (if there isn't any pressing scheduling conflict), what we can conjure up time/date-wise.

lindale, and all others who may be interested;
I guess the hardest part of trying to get this thing off the ground is that I really don't have a lot of experience in putting something like this together. I'm not sure of exactly how to go about setting something like this up logistically...should I find out first how many are interested, or should I contact a park to see about availabilities (although I wouldn't think that it should be too full in September after Labor Day weekend) and then post a "firm" set of dates and see who would be able to make it. I guess I really don't know how many spaces to even request to "block out" with the park in question. Which brings up the still unresolved first question of where to hold it? It's all a bit overwhelming. Any help or input from interested parties is welcome here.
Greg

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. --Stephen Hawking

#19 toadabode

toadabode
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

Just discovered this thread for a Washington get together and we would like to add our names to go. We also like September and usually end up at Grayland S P.

Jim and Mary

#20 lindale

lindale
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Since it was your idea, you need to be the one to pick a date, say September 26 to 28 and then pick a location. Now for the location you need several things. One is it should be easy to get to because some people don't like windy, gravel roads. The second thing to think about is how does one go about making a reservation at this park? Can you use reserve america? Can you call the park and get a reservation? I looked at several in Washington and they don't take reservations after 9/1. People feel better with a reserved site if they have a distance to drive so that is important. And then how close can people camp? Will there be 25 or more sites with electric that are close together and at least one has a site that is big enough for gatherings. And remember, never is everyone happy with the choice so be brave and if it fits the three considerations than give it a try. Remember that snow can come early to higher elevations so maybe an ocean camp out could be better. Hope that helps.

#21 Laura&Rick

Laura&Rick
  • Casita Club Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Greg,

Just got back from a few days with the Casita at Fort Worden State Park. Great park! We are going to be regular visitors there. Nice beach, see ships coming and going, good RV sites, site of the movie An Officer and Gentleman, good military museums and Port Townsend two minutes away.

You might want to consider this for the Washington get together. The only downside is the location. While it's great for both of us, others may not want to head there. Then, again, some may want, for the fun, travel by ferry.

We got a thrill when crossing the Hoods Canal Floating Bridge. The bridge was closed to traffic to allow a sub to pass through. Never saw a nuclear submarine up close that like. Wow!

Aside from traveling back from Rice, this was out first use of the Casita, sort of a shake down trip. Had a ball.

Laura & Rick

Now '10 19' Escape
08 Highlander

#22 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:56 AM

To All;

Fort Warden State Park sounds like it might be a good place to host the first Washington Get-Together. What is the general concensus or thoughts as to having it here...Comments? Questions?
Let's hear what you all think of this proposal, or any other options as well. Still open to any ideas as to what we would be able to do for fun/entertainment/raffles/workshops, etc. too!
I'd really like to see this thing get off the ground, but I'm really gonna rely on all of your collective assistance folks. I'll be the first to say that I don't have all the answers, nor much experience in being a "wagon master". Help!

Here's a link to the Fort Warden SP if you want to check it out:

Proposed Get-together Venue

Greg

Edited by Euphoria, 27 June 2008 - 08:13 AM.

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

Casita Club # 2754

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. --Stephen Hawking

#23 MichaelT

MichaelT
  • Casita Club Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

For us, the date chosen is as important as the location. I've been watching for a date to be finalized so we can see if it works.

Edited by MichaelT, 28 June 2008 - 09:16 PM.

Michael and Mary
Cashmere WA
2008 Spirit Delux
1999 Dodge Caravan

#24 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

Finalizing trip dates is admittedly a concern for all of us. More important to this end though is a definite lack of "participation" here in helping to put this thing together.

Several people have posted their comments (i.e. add us to the list, sign us up, etc .) which is all well and good, but I have yet to read anything here that gives me anything to work with. It is a bit frustrating to ask for help and input, and only receive requests to be included in the event.

When I started this thread I was inquiring if there would be any interest in putting together a trip in Washington State. I never intended or implied that I was willing to, or capable of, single-handedly put this event together without some additional help from other members with some experience in doing things like this. As I previously stated, I really don't know enough about putting something like this together by myself. Everyone seems willing to jump on the bandwagon but no one seems to want to help pull the cart...I can't do it alone folks, so if some good help doesn't materialize here, I'm afraid I will just let this issue reside in the "land of well-intentioned dreams".

Still looking for some major assistance here,
Greg

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

Casita Club # 2754

#25 shelley

shelley
  • Casita Club Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

I would be interested in a Washington get together.

Ocean Shores or Longbeach area would be nice.

shelley

#26 Laura&Rick

Laura&Rick
  • Casita Club Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

Greg,

I'll give you a phone call Monday evening and we can plan the get together.

Rick
Now '10 19' Escape
08 Highlander

#27 MichaelT

MichaelT
  • Casita Club Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

I've never been to a fiberglass "get together" so maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but don't we just "get together"? What planning needs to be done other than agreeing on a place and date, and then have some fun camping and meeting new people?

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.....
Michael and Mary
Cashmere WA
2008 Spirit Delux
1999 Dodge Caravan

#28 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

I don't know how many people will be interested. Do you all just want to make your own reservations? Maybe I'm needlessly overcomplicating this thing. If all that's needed is to just show up, I guess that's what we'll do then.

Fort Warden State Park in Port Townsend will be the place.

Sept 26th-28th will be the dates.

See you there,
Greg

Edited by Euphoria, 29 June 2008 - 05:55 PM.

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' SD

Casita Club # 2754

#29 PRTexas

PRTexas
  • Casita Club Member
  • 680 posts
  • Local time: 11:48 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

You folks might want to look at the get-togethers in other locations and contact the folks organizing them for some advice. I'm new to Casitaland too but it's a thought.
Paul and Reine
Plano, TX
2000 FD "new to us" in 2008
2008 Chevy Avalanche
traded the Chevy S10

#30 Valerie G

Valerie G
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:SCAMPIN, FAMILY Friends FOtography

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

anim_bannana.gif IM so down with this! I would LOVE to do this, there is a site where the TCT does their Vintage rally wonder if that would be a good place to hold it.

Its at the Deming Logging Grounds.

valerie
Munch 13'Scamp
Myranda 8yold
Tova CWC